Talk

Advanced search

Play kitchen for an 18 month old

(14 Posts)
snickersnack Sun 24-Aug-08 10:54:54

I'd like to get ds a play kitchen for Christmas - he'll be 18 months. I don't want anything big - his room is quite small and I really don't fancy a huge lump of plastic sitting in the corner. [[ http://www.littletc.com/ShowProduct.aspx?prodID=113296 This is the kind of thing]] I'm after but I can't find any UK stockists. I don't mind a wooden one - the grandparents have one that both dcs love playing with but it is highly pink and flowery. It doesn't bother ds now, but I think he'd probably appreciate something a little less girly in a year or two. The ELC have one but it says 3+ and looks a bit overly complicated for what we're after.

snickersnack Sun 24-Aug-08 10:55:38

This is the kind of thing

blush <must remember to preview link before posting emoticon>

Teuch Sun 24-Aug-08 10:56:12

amazon have noe called smart kitchen (I'll try and link in a mo...) which is quite bijou! It has lots of accessories, which makes it listed 3+ but we have this at our toddler group.

Teuch Sun 24-Aug-08 10:57:37

temporarily out of stock but they seem to come back in quite quickly!

snickersnack Sun 24-Aug-08 11:02:52

I think that's the kind of thing - can always remove unsuitable accessories until he's a bit older - but it's probably a bit tall. Do you know if you could take it apart and use the top half separately?

Teuch Sun 24-Aug-08 13:17:33

sorry, I didn't even look at your link... blush

DS actually has the kitchen you linked, but from ELC. It was from the 'My First' range that also has a tool bench and a cash register - they no longer have it but perhaps you could track on down on ebay or similar?

They have a mini-sizzling kitchen which is more expensive but not much bigger.

Good luck!

bubblagirl Sun 24-Aug-08 13:28:18

here

bubblagirl Sun 24-Aug-08 13:31:07

and here

BexieID Sun 24-Aug-08 13:55:53

lol, I was just going to start my own thread asking if anyone could recommend a play kitchen for Tom (who will be 2.8 at xmas), although I was after a bigger one.

muggglewump Sun 24-Aug-08 14:07:26

There's a few here DD had a Smoby one but I can't find it. They probably don't make it anymore as it was a few years ago. It came with toy tefal stuff though, blender, toaster and kettle plus pans and play food. My Dad bought it for about £30 I think

BexieID Sun 24-Aug-08 14:29:18

Yeah, Woolies do the Smoby one for £30 with the toaster, kettle & blender. Next door have it for their little girl. I've seen some with a drawer, Tom loves pulling them out and reaching in - had to take out all the big knives (and swinging from them!). I'm liking this one at the moment.

BexieID Tue 26-Aug-08 11:04:11

I love this one, but feel it maybe to girlie!

selby Tue 26-Aug-08 15:52:09

I quite like that Kidkraft one. Here's the one that I like to get DD (will be nearly 2)at Christmas.

saggyhairyarse Tue 26-Aug-08 21:59:26

Ikea are going to do a play kitchen again next year. My friend has their orevious model and it was lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now