Talk

Advanced search

Its not life and death ... Its just choosing a bed but pleeeease help me decide

(6 Posts)
bigmouthstrikesagain Fri 22-Aug-08 13:27:14

I am going round and round in circles.

I really want a nice bed and I have been looking online for days and I just cannot decide. I have an aversion to the cost of some of them but having slept on an Ikea bed for 5+ years that is broken and held up with a pile of wood I want something that will last.

I like this baby plank bed and this and this is ok

but really want a super king size as our Ikea bed is bigger than a king and we like the space. But is it silly to pay a thousand pounds for a bed and mattress (which it would probably be if we got the Indigo bed).... I just don't know... I don't know what I am asking really can someone nice and lovely just tell me what to do. Take pity on a indecisive pregnant woman!!!

caykon Fri 22-Aug-08 14:19:57

I find at the end of the day the mattress is the most important bit, a bed needs to be comfy. Find the mattress you want then maybe serch ebay for good quality second hand bedstead.

But I am one of the sad people that spends over £1000 on a bed, you spend a large proportion of time there and a good nights sleep really sets you up for the day.I feel its worth every penny.

WideWebWitch Fri 22-Aug-08 14:22:29

I like the third one best but it's not about which one I like!

I agree, the mattress is more important. I asked about this a while ago and everyone told me I really ought to go and try it, I shouldn't buy a mattress online.

grouchomarx Fri 22-Aug-08 14:27:17

They're none of them exactly my style but I definitely like the first best. If you can afford to pay £1000 for it then go for it. No beds are that cheap ime, unless you buy secondhand, as caykon suggests. That way you can buy a great mattress and bedlinen etc.

I don't think £1000 is way too much, specially as you are just about to have a baby and may end up taking him or her in with you - you need the room and the comfort.

bigmouthstrikesagain Fri 22-Aug-08 15:12:01

My dh thinks we should spend as little as possible on the mattress as we will be having a baby in with us - we co-slept with dd and ds for up to 2 years each. So various 'leakages' will ruin the mattress.

He thinks we should buy a cheapie mattress for until we have bed back to ourselves - or can you get super kingsize mattress protectors???

bigmouthstrikesagain Fri 22-Aug-08 15:12:28

Thank you for replies btwsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now