Talk

Advanced search

Does my baby really need a £80 bugaboo footmuff to go in its bugaboo pram?

(19 Posts)
hopefully Fri 22-Aug-08 12:07:10

I am prepared to be told it does, and that no other footmuff will fit properly, but if I don't need to buy an £80 footmuff, I'd rather get 2 nice stripy ones from Jojomamanbebe or something!

Are the bugaboo ones particularly nice? Do they wash well? Will it last forever?

hopefully Fri 22-Aug-08 12:08:17

Ooh, and does it need a parasol? Surely I could just drape a muslin over the canopy to keep off sun, or buy a sun shade cover thing at a later date?

pgwithnumber3 Fri 22-Aug-08 12:08:58

No you don't need it, one of these would go great BUT if you can afford a footmuff that fits it, it is a worthwhile investment, they wash lovely and fit perfectly and are a good size.

scorpio1 Fri 22-Aug-08 12:09:08

the canopy is quite low; i haven't got one and ours is fine.

justjules Fri 22-Aug-08 12:09:20

ebay

pgwithnumber3 Fri 22-Aug-08 12:10:13

How old is the DC that goes in it? I would purchase a parasol next year, I have only used mine around 3 times this year as weather has been crap. I bought my Bugaboo then bought the little bits as and when I needed them. I now need to sell it though as need a double. Am devastated!

2point4kids Fri 22-Aug-08 12:10:40

You dont need a parasol definitely.

I've got the bugaboo footmuff and it does fit perfectly and washes well, so a good one to have I think.

Check ebay, you might get a 2nd hand one for less.

hopefully Fri 22-Aug-08 12:11:47

Thanks, maybe I'll invest in foot muff (from ebay if possible!) and leave the parasol until there's actually some sun (in 2050 when global warming takes effect)

Pinkjenny Fri 22-Aug-08 12:12:03

Don't buy the parasol, its rubbish. I was crying the first time (new mum hormones) I used it trying to get the angle right. Hilarious when I look back now.

Bugaboo do a UV sunshade that was much better imo.

The footmuff was great though, however I've never washed it. Goodness, what a tramp I am!! Will be putting it back on this winter.

I did nearly fall over when I saw the price of it. I never looked at any others, wanted it all matchy matchy, but my friend has a gorgeous one on her Phil and Ted's. I'll try and remember where its from. Its bright red, all fleecy with big stars all over it. Looks v. snuggly.

pgwithnumber3 Fri 22-Aug-08 12:12:35

you don't tend to get the footmuffs on ebay for much cheaper in my experience. I got mine from here, they are local to me but are fab people and are competitively priced. Their buggy snuggles are £10 cheaper than Jojomaman.

pgwithnumber3 Fri 22-Aug-08 12:13:28

<waves at pinkjenny> remember me, the Maghull girl! - hijack over!

Pinkjenny Fri 22-Aug-08 12:17:22

<waves>

beckmo Fri 22-Aug-08 20:26:53

The footmuff is a good fit and good quality but I kind of wish I'd got a buggysnuggle one instead...really cosy, fit really well in bugaboos and have loads of different patterns for half the price. Don't get the parosol-it's crap.

littleducks Fri 22-Aug-08 20:35:51

pgwithnumber3 could you redo link?

pgwithnumber3 Fri 22-Aug-08 21:02:35

Sorry littleducks!

here

thehouseofmirth Fri 22-Aug-08 22:10:10

I just bought a standard one from Mothercare. It fitted fine, was fleecy on the inside and was waterproof which was great as DS hated the rain cover so I only had to put it on in really heavy rain. Bugaboo parasols like all parasols are rubbish.

thehouseofmirth Fri 22-Aug-08 22:10:11

I just bought a standard one from Mothercare. It fitted fine, was fleecy on the inside and was waterproof which was great as DS hated the rain cover so I only had to put it on in really heavy rain. Bugaboo parasols like all parasols are rubbish.

thehouseofmirth Fri 22-Aug-08 22:10:27

whoops

pgwithnumber3 Fri 22-Aug-08 22:11:32

I actually find my Bug parasol fine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now