Talk

Advanced search

Baby walker harness thingy - good idea?

(3 Posts)
HensMum Fri 22-Aug-08 09:51:43

My 10 month old is just starting to want to walk. He wants to do it all the time! I hold his hands and walk with him but it's killing my back.
I've seen some harness type things that are supposed to help your back,
like this
Has anyone used one? Any good? Does it affect their walking in any way? I don't want to throw his balance off .

racingsnake Sat 23-Aug-08 07:53:34

Not sure if you mean a set of reins. Very good when they get more mobile and want to shoot off in all directions in the traffic and do stop them falling flat on their face, but not much help if they're unstable and need a bit of help.

I saw a tip in a French magazine to use two broomsticks like ski poles with baby holding on low down and you holding on at the top. Never tried it though.

HensMum Sat 23-Aug-08 14:40:40

No, it's more supportive than a set of reins and designed for babies learning to walk, though we probably would carry on using it when he learns to walk to prevent the running into traffic etc.
Think I'll get one, had to cut short our walk in the park as my back was in agony after a couple of mins.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now