Talk

Advanced search

Need wide fitting plimsolls

(6 Posts)
GooseyLoosey Thu 21-Aug-08 22:19:23

Any idea where or if you can get these? I have tried ramming ds's feet into pairs at Woolies, M&S, Tescos etc and no luck unless I\buy him a pair so large he looks like Cocoa the Clown!

I need help.

Rachmumoftwo Thu 21-Aug-08 22:36:19

Have you tried Clarks? We have an outlet by us and I get them for DD from there.

lillee Thu 21-Aug-08 22:42:15

My DS is same he's 21mths and a nightmare to find shoes he's an H width!

Found that Clarks do have shoes to fit and that's where I buy most of them but GAP's boys shoes are quite wide and a good fit - they are cheaper and nicer in GAP too!

Babyramone Mon 25-Aug-08 16:55:26

Hi have you tried the velcro strap ones from M&S? They fit my wee boy who is an H fitting with a high instep.

serin Mon 25-Aug-08 18:31:04

Our kids are not allowed to wear plimsolls anymore, our LEA has banned them on health and safety grounds!! Have you checked if your school allows kids to wear ordinary trainers instead?

GooseyLoosey Tue 26-Aug-08 08:14:49

Thanks for the suggestions all. M&S didn't fit, but the Clarks wider ones did (all be it by buying him several sizes too large!).

School won't let him wear trainers - even if I make sure I buy ones that won't harm their floor. They say he can do it in bare feet but (a) he would be the only one and (b) they tell parents that they prefer children not to do PE in bare feet as the hall is used for all kinds of things and can have stray pins etc on the floor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now