Talk

Advanced search

intensive driving courses?

(4 Posts)
misdee Wed 16-Feb-05 22:23:55

i have had about 20hrs+ worth of lessons laready over the last 18months (stopped driving for a year after cash flow problems and a car accident last april) but really need to be driving asap as DH isnt going to be up to much driving once he is out of hospital. so need to do an intensive course.
anyone done one? and did you pass 1st time with them? will do mny theory test before booking a course. have been quoted between £350-400 for 20hr courses. is that reasonable?

misdee Thu 17-Feb-05 09:39:38

anyone?

Gwenick Thu 17-Feb-05 10:23:34

My mum did one years ago, didn't pass first time (but then she really was a HOPELESS drvier and never DID pass) but I've got a friend who's sister recently did one and passed first time (but had to sit her theory twice as she failed that 1st time round LOL).

Not sure about the cost - but that sounds like a reasonable price

pepsi Thu 17-Feb-05 11:20:51

From memory cost is probably reasonable. I did one and failed. It was too much pressure for me as every day the test got nearer and I panicked. I passed on my 5th go. I took hubby with me in the back of the car which is allowed and took test in my own car. If you are confident that you are a good driver than I think an intensive course is ok to tweak the edges so to speak but if you still make a lot of mistakes and are nervous I would recommened weekly or twice weekly lessons.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now