Talk

Advanced search

Which tog of duvet for a cot bed in bed set up?

(8 Posts)
loucee Thu 21-Aug-08 10:31:09

Hi

DD is now in the bed set up of her cot bed and gone from grobags to a quilt. The quilt says it's 4.0 tog but it's really light and not very warm at all. She wakes up cold most nights so I'd like to get her a duvet instead. I have seen the ones in Mothercare that are Cot duvets and 4.0tog and they look quite cosy but just wondered what everyone else bought for their DC?

Is it worth buying a cotbed size duvet if she'll go into a bed in a years time?

Thanks

Swedes Thu 21-Aug-08 10:34:42

I'd get a single sized duvet.

FiveGoMadInDorset Thu 21-Aug-08 10:48:14

We have a 4 tog for summer and a 9 tog for winter, our house does get freezing cold.

babypringle Thu 21-Aug-08 10:48:17

hi loucee my ds (age 2) has just gone from grobags to a duvet - we just got a duvet from ikea. no idea what the tog rating is but he seems snug and happy. he's a in the bed version of a cotbed too. i think he'd be swamped by a full sized single. i don't think the duvet, pillow, duvet cover and pillowcase cost more than about £20 in total so probably worth it even if you do just use it for a year

ellasmum1 Thu 21-Aug-08 10:51:31

I think my dd had 7.5 single one while in her cotbed. 4.5 is recommended for young kids but definately in autumn/winter my dd would have been too cold.
she just had a single duvet on sideways.doesn;t look as nice though,but can be used for longer and far more design choices.

loucee Thu 21-Aug-08 13:46:49

thanks for all your replies.

I had a look in Ikea but they all looked massive on a cotbed - I think the assistant said they fold them over so it would be double thickness. Babypringle is yours a cot sized one of bed sized one?

Our house is freezing except about a fortnight every year when it's our summer!

babypringle Thu 21-Aug-08 13:56:28

ours is definitely a cot bed one. we tend to put it on him the wrong way round so it is shorter in length and longer across him IYSWIM, stops him wriggling out of it in the night. Did take a week or so for him to stop kicking it off in the night and then waking up cold, but he seems ok now.

redrobin Thu 21-Aug-08 13:58:08

i've jsut ordered a 9 tog cotbed one from john lewis as we've been using an ikea one but its getting too chilly now, and DD has been waking up in teh night with cold - argh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now