Talk

Advanced search

Anyone used a Tangle Tamer?

(43 Posts)
expatinscotland Wed 20-Aug-08 15:26:07

I heard the chap who got rejected by Dragon's Den had now had his product picked up by Boots.

The DD's both get terrible tugs in their hair.

Anyone used this brush and is it worth the money?

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 20-Aug-08 15:34:08

dd uses the tangle teaser (is it the same thing?). She has thick waist length straight hair. She much prefers it to her normal brush. Only problem is that the bristles arent long enough to got through all the layers so she has to brush her 'undercoat' first.
Its great at detangling but doesnt leave the hair looking quite 'polished' iyswim. However this was the first camping trip we've done tha tdidnt result in weeping over hair

ninedragons Wed 20-Aug-08 15:43:25

I am really glad to hear that. I remember the episode and thought they were making a poor decision.

I used to have very long curly hair (before I chopped it all off) and would have LOVED one of those.

expatinscotland Wed 20-Aug-08 16:41:54

yeah, tangle teaser! that's it.

preggo brain here.

MilaMae Wed 20-Aug-08 22:10:06

Just bought one -fantastic!!!!!!!

Was seriously considering getting dd's beautiful,long, curls cut off as felt they were just not worth the tears(mine and hers).

I can actually brush her hair without any hysterics now!!!!!!!

Not cheap but worth every penny IMHO

sweetkitty Wed 20-Aug-08 22:12:05

oh expat I have been thinking the same thing, DD1 especially has wild hair and mornings are getting worse, DD2 has a ball of fuzz for hair.

Will go google when I get a minute

Aitch Wed 20-Aug-08 22:12:19

expat it is GENIUS. dd is all for hers (hot pink), tells everyone that daddy bought it for her on the internet. SOOOOO much better than a normal brush for curls, for reasons that i don't quite understand but nevertheless trust implicitly.

Aitch Wed 20-Aug-08 22:13:20

i get tangles out with conditioner and the brush, btw. don't necessarily use it a lot every day, as am v lazy and dd's hair goes a bit leo sayer when brushed dry.

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Wed 20-Aug-08 22:13:27

what is it? im sick of fighting with dd over her hair am also threatening to cut it off

expatinscotland Wed 20-Aug-08 22:13:45

k, i'm off to buy one!

dd1 also has long hair, which is pretty straight but oh, those tugs!

i hate pulling it out because her hair is so lovely.

Aitch Wed 20-Aug-08 22:14:20

www.tangleteezer.com/

LilRedWG Wed 20-Aug-08 22:15:26

I love mine and DD loves it too. She has really fine tangly baby hair and it works a treat for that and my wild woman waves.

expatinscotland Wed 20-Aug-08 22:15:56

dd1's hair hangs like a cloak over her shoulders to the middle of her back.

it is so beautiful in summer when it goes streaky with gold and copper that little boys have come up to stroke it.

it's not so thick so i don't understand why it gets so tuggy.

LilRedWG Wed 20-Aug-08 22:16:19

My only complaint is that it seems shaped for right handed use - and I'm left handed, but it's still a wonderous thing!

sweetkitty Wed 20-Aug-08 22:17:05

Will order one in the morning will tell her it's a magic pink comb she adores pink!

Aitch Wed 20-Aug-08 22:17:06

your dd1's hair is indeed stunning, expat.

do you know what? i never realised it was for everyone's hair... dur. must try it, if dd will let me.

Aitch Wed 20-Aug-08 22:17:41

lilred, dh says the same thing, he's a lher too.

LilRedWG Wed 20-Aug-08 22:17:58

It's especially good when your hair is wet Aitch.

sweetkitty Wed 20-Aug-08 22:18:46

I want to see a picture of expats DD1's hair now.

My DD1's is long and curly, she has beautiful curls, poor DD2's is poker straight.

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Wed 20-Aug-08 22:19:34

expat that is what my dds is like. looks lovely but its a nightmare. everytime i tell anyone im getting it cut i get "oh no she has such beautifull hair"

expatinscotland Wed 20-Aug-08 22:21:21

got a pink one!

expatinscotland Wed 20-Aug-08 22:24:07

i'm going to be gutted if she ever wants to cut that hair.

it's sooo soft.

after it's dry i brush it with a Mason Pearson brush i bought years ago for myself, but my hair was never such good quality.

but when it's wet it can get really tuggy, especially because she likes to wear it down if she's not in nursery.

kittywise Wed 20-Aug-08 22:26:41

expat, I got on and I'm not all that impressed tbh.

I find that as soon as I hit a tangle the bloody thing flies out of my hand.

It is gentle on the head I suppose but i would rate it about a decent quality brush.

expatinscotland Wed 20-Aug-08 22:27:22

i've tried a wide-toothed comb, but the tears!

now DD2 is starting to play up whilst getting it combed, too.

Aitch Wed 20-Aug-08 22:29:13

can i suggest you grip the brush in future, kittywise? wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now