Talk

Advanced search

Which home hair colour?

(18 Posts)
SpinMeRightRound Wed 20-Aug-08 08:54:30

My sister has let me down again and can't colour my hair for me this week, despite being a hairdresser herself.

I tried & tried yesterday to get an appointment somewhere before the weekend but none anywhere.

So I need to do it myself before a weekend away with dh.

Which one would you reccomend to cover up my grey, yes grey! I can't believe I have grey at 30!!

SpinMeRightRound Wed 20-Aug-08 15:32:33

Nobody colour their hair at home anymore???

cremolafoam Wed 20-Aug-08 15:41:47

what colour dye are you taking about? if it is blonde i had excellent results with
metallic silver blonde
BTW turn your sond off before going to that link-crappo muzic

cocolepew Wed 20-Aug-08 15:45:52

They are all much the same, I chop and change all the time. Don't bother with a semi-permanent though.

zippitippitoes Wed 20-Aug-08 15:47:03

loreal couleur experte excellent stuff

PuppyMonkey Wed 20-Aug-08 15:48:51

They all wash out after the first time on my grey. Permanent or not. My grey hair is very stubborn.

Fimbo Wed 20-Aug-08 15:49:25

My disaster.

Nearly a month on and it still a bit black down the sides and patchy all over. Can get an appointment until 2nd September!

zippitippitoes Wed 20-Aug-08 15:50:06

really? it works on mine, not that i am entirely grey but a fair sprinkling i imagine i havent seen it for over a year

kikid Wed 20-Aug-08 15:55:20

I use any that are on offer, usually dark brown shades, i personally have never had a problem.

I like the Aldi one £2.50 bargain, very shiny & good grey coverage.

zippitippitoes Wed 20-Aug-08 16:00:22

i use it every six weeks

dont bother with roots only do the whole thing head of hair and highlights every time

it does become a bit lighter quite quickly but still looks good

and very natural..i actually forget its dyed

not sure bf actually realises that i dye the lot and not just a few highlights

last time i did it and saw him the next day he said have you had your haircut lol

Fimbo Wed 20-Aug-08 16:02:38

Zippi do you know the exact shade of the one you use?

SpinMeRightRound Wed 20-Aug-08 16:10:26

my grey is quite stubborn too and the only place I have it is at the front where it will be seen.

I've bought Garnier nutrisse in a mahogany brown and the hightlight kits to go on top.
I'll put the colour on tonight and see if it works.

My grey bugs me so much but don't want to look like my friend who never colours her hair and looks about 45yrs despite being 33yrs!

I've having a bit of rediscovery of hair/makeup/clothes at the moment after feeling quite dowdy for a while. so I want to look my best for our first weekend away on our own in 6yrs grin

zippitippitoes Wed 20-Aug-08 16:15:23

i will have to look it up

zippitippitoes Wed 20-Aug-08 16:23:05

aaaagh tried looking it up online as i would recognise the pic on the box but cant find a sensible site to look at with them on that isnt all hours of flash

Fimbo Wed 20-Aug-08 16:26:28

Never mind, just post when you next do it. t y

CouldYouWouldYouWithaGoat Wed 20-Aug-08 16:27:32

what is your technique zippi. i tried those home highlighty things and felt abit lost.

milkybarsrus Wed 20-Aug-08 17:01:05

Nice and Easy does it for me. Tried all the dearer ones like Loreal etc, but found they faded quickly.

zippitippitoes Wed 20-Aug-08 17:04:35

well i follow the instructions leave it on the max time

i sue a ling handled comb to separate the strands make them thin rub the stuff up and down with your fingers as well as using the wand

thats about it

im sure it could be criticised but franny thinks it looks good grin

of course if she knew it was loreal she wouldnt sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now