Talk

Advanced search

phil and ted again

(3 Posts)
Vornsta Wed 16-Feb-05 14:21:35

Sorry to bring this topic up again but I can't work some things out - pregnancy brain or just a bit thick not sure which - can anyone help me with a couple of questions?
1)Does buying the doubles kit mean that you have a seat which lies flat for a newborn AND then later can be used for 2 toddlers?
2)Do you need to buy the cocoon as well for a newborn? if so how long does it last?
I would greatly appreciate any advice.

bluebear Wed 16-Feb-05 15:03:02

1) the doubles kit is the add-on extra seat - the basic pushchair will give you a lie-flat seat for newborn which then adjusts to a more upright seat as the baby grows. If you get the doubles kit you get an extra seat which either clips above the main seat if it is in a lie-flat position, or it clips on below and behind the main seat if the main seat is in the upright (toddler) position.
So, without the doubles kit you have a choice of baby mode or toddler mode.
With the extra seat you can have 1 baby, 1 toddler or 2 toddlers.
Hope that makes sense

2) We didn't bother with the cocoon as we bought our buggy in the summer and the cocoon is very well padded - i have heard it fits baby's up to about 16 weeks (depending on size of baby of course). It isn't necessary if you are expecting a summer baby - we simply made the lie-flat seat more comfy by placing a cheap (£10) mamas and papas pram mattress on it and put the baby on that.

Vornsta Wed 16-Feb-05 15:20:18

Thanks very much Bluebear, that's clear now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now