Talk

Advanced search

Best bath toys?

(14 Posts)
MrsJamin Tue 19-Aug-08 20:50:36

Can you let me know what your DC play with most in the bath, looking to get a few things that DS (now aged 7 MO) will play with for years to come. He has some ducks, but I'm looking for a few boats at least.

TrinityRhino Tue 19-Aug-08 20:52:02

will bump this and watch with interest
all three of my girls LOVE the bath

would love to have more than some ducks and an old action man hmm

Milliways Tue 19-Aug-08 20:53:48

Kitchen jugs/cups/funnel/meat baster!

Small Playmobil boats were popular here, and we had a surfer! Wind up submarines too!

Also liked those stick on foam shapes.

Milliways Tue 19-Aug-08 21:03:21

Elvis Duck!

submarine

bath crayons

You can also get radio cotrolled bath toys which are fun for older boys.

Mummyfor3 Tue 19-Aug-08 21:05:32

Stacking cups!! Best toy ever, enjoyed from when able to hold something to this day (DSs aged 4 and 5 years, just "cooked" complicated meal in bath grin)

JackieNo Tue 19-Aug-08 21:13:34

Definitely cups/pots. We also have this which whizzes round the bath at an amazing speed - we do have various wind-up things, but they don't really go anywhere.

JackieNo Tue 19-Aug-08 21:15:00

Someone also gave us these which are quite fun, but extremely noisy (and rather difficult to fill them to the exact level necessary).

Bewilderbeast Tue 19-Aug-08 21:17:35

stacking cups are ds's favourite bath toy, not to stack mind you but to use for pouring water in and out of

BigBadMousey Tue 19-Aug-08 21:20:49

My three have every toy under the sun for bathtime but the most played with by far are stacking cups and pots and pans from their tea set.

A tea set is a fantastic buy anyway - mine played with theirs from an early age - they can make a mean stickle-brick casserole grin

FanjolinaJolly Tue 19-Aug-08 21:24:03

At the moment dds fav bath toy is a well rinsed out Vanish tub plus scoop and lid!!!

Old washing up liquid bottle that squirts is popular,too

blush

JackieNo Tue 19-Aug-08 21:50:26

Ooh yes, that would be good.

MuffinMclay Wed 20-Aug-08 13:03:48

A needleless syringe (given from hospital to give baby medicine). Fabulous for squirting water in the air. Also stacking cups with holes in the bottom.

Boats, ducks, singing dolphins, bath crayons are all ignored.

nailpolish Wed 20-Aug-08 13:06:46

barbie doll in a mermaids outfit
old shampoo bottles to fill and squirt
swimming goggles
postman pat magnetic boats

LittleMyDancingForJoy Wed 20-Aug-08 13:14:13

anything that squirts water
stacking cups
old shampoo bottles

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now