Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got a v-tech or Fisher Price children's digital camera? Come tell me about it...

(10 Posts)
JoanCrawford Tue 19-Aug-08 16:27:41

DDs birthday soon and she'd love her own camera. The V-Tech and FP are the same price - 60 pounds - so pricey imo.

Are they any good?

Did your child like them, were they a two minute wonder?

Also, what's the better option, FP or V-Tech?

TIA

JoanCrawford Tue 19-Aug-08 16:35:40

tibni Tue 19-Aug-08 16:40:29

We have the fisher price camera. Bought it for ds (ASD, Learning difficulties) and it hasn't really been used. DS is obsessed with pictures and cameras but never really took to this camera - he likes mummys! shock

Had it a few years and they have probably improved but I would probably get him the kidproof camera advertised if I was getting another!

JoanCrawford Tue 19-Aug-08 18:30:23

thanks for response tibs, am a bit doubtful now. I'm worried it'll be a flash in the pan for her too smile

loler Tue 19-Aug-08 18:51:26

vtech one is £37 at tesco direct at the moment.

Just got one for my dc - they fight over their friends one. Seems to be better than the fp one as it has games on it (very simple ones but they don't care).

The photo quality is pretty pants but again they don't care and do you really want to keep them any way? Hold 200 photos and does video.

saltcod Tue 19-Aug-08 18:54:17

We have the FP one - dd got it when she was 5. TBH, she hardly ever uses it coz the picture quality is so poor, it's always very disappointing

It's very tough & makes a great noise when you turn it on, but other than that, pretty pants as an actual camera!

Nemoandthefishes Tue 19-Aug-08 18:57:52

Ds[4] got the vtech one for christmas last year. He loves it and is actually playing the games on it at the moment. It was worth every penny as I dont have to fret when the DDs grab it and throw it around and at the same time DS is happy with it

maisykins Tue 19-Aug-08 19:00:04

we have the vtech one - DD loves it - but I have to say it gets through loads of batteries and the picture quality isnt v good.

Mummyfor3 Tue 19-Aug-08 19:04:01

Picture quality really poor for both. We ended up buying cheap digital camera for DS1 aged 5 from local "Klick" shop for £19 in the sale: no games, but decent pitures, and he manages normal sized buttons just fine - and leaves DH's VERY expensive toy camera alone wink.

JoanCrawford Tue 19-Aug-08 19:41:44

many thanks all. The Tesco direct tip is especially appreciated. I can stomach a 37pound waste of money more than I could a 60pound one, so many thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now