Talk

Advanced search

Is it just me? Incessant trouble with punctures on Phil & Teds

(7 Posts)
SparklyPrincess Tue 19-Aug-08 16:07:14

Ok, probably ranting now...

This is driving me mad... Spent an absolute fortune on P&T (Classic but before they were called that) when we had DD2 and I've had no end of trouble with getting punctures.

Been through about 10 inner tubes, they all kept deflating. Bought a new tyre. Still kept deflating. In the end bought a whole new WHEEL (at P&Ts prices!).

Been fine for a few months, have been so relieved. Went to get the buggy out this morning and the other )&&^% tyre is flat now!

Really thinking about ditching the thing, buying a cheapish stroller and making DD1 walk...

MuffinMclay Tue 19-Aug-08 16:20:48

I've had 6 new inner tubes, I think, since February, and more repairable punctures. I use mine mainly on country paths and across fields and punctures are invariably caused by grass seeds.

CarGirl Tue 19-Aug-08 16:22:54

I never had one! Must be the type of terrain you go across. Why not get some slime stuff it stops the puncture letting air out

cgi.ebay.co.uk/Slime-innertube-sealant-for-2-wheels_W0QQitemZ250208878695QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item250 208878695&_trkparms=72%3A984%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

misdee Tue 19-Aug-08 16:23:25

do you know how to fix punctures? you dont need to replace the inner tube each time. if you are putting a new innertube in ,when the thorn/glass etc is still in teh tyre then you will just repuncture your wheel.

also try buying some slime (bike shops sell it), or get some puncture proof tape put in.

norksinmywaistband Tue 19-Aug-08 16:25:47

You ought to live in a town, I have had mine over 2 and a half years, use to walk at least a couple of miles every day - never had a puncture.[smug emoticon]

SparklyPrincess Tue 19-Aug-08 17:39:11

Norks - I DO live in a town! I go on paths sometimes, but they're trails not across fields.

Misdee - yep, we've had repairable punctures as well and I always clean the inside of the tyre and the wheel. Drives me crazy having such a high maintenance buggy!

Good idea about the slime though - will be off to buy some of that then!

Who'd have thought grass seeds could cause punctures!

NotAnOtter Tue 19-Aug-08 17:42:25

i was thinking about this due to another thread on it..

my thoughts are that you could be OVER inflating the tyre- i remember my friend with a mountain buggy remarking on how 'not very inflated' they advise and this may lessen punctures

just a thought

had abugaboo for 3 years no punctures - p and t 5 weeks no probs yet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now