Talk

Advanced search

Need a grobag-type sleeping bag with legs

(9 Posts)
silverfrog Tue 19-Aug-08 13:45:27

Dd1 is 4, and is ASD.

when we moved her into a bed, we thought she'd end up tripping over getting in and out in grobags (which she does a lot grin) so now we use fleecy sleepsuits instead.

However, her room is like a fridge (even in this beautiful summer weather wink) and she won't stay under a blanket/duvet. She is freezing in the mornings, and sometimes wakes in the night too.

I'm sure I've seen sleeping bags which had legs iyswim, I guess for travel purposes, but now can't find them.

any ideas?

Roskva Tue 19-Aug-08 16:29:00

I think vertbaudet do them - they have zips that can be zipped into a sleeping bag or legs, whichever you prefer.

silverfrog Tue 19-Aug-08 16:37:27

thanks, have looked at the site, but they seem to just go up to 2 years..

HappypillsGalore Tue 19-Aug-08 16:40:27

we used fleece sleepy suits for ds3 instead of grobags.
can you double up on them?

or

get those clip things to hold the duvet on?

or

turn the duvet round and tuck the long ends under the sides of the bed to make a giant bivi-bag?

IdrisTheDragon Tue 19-Aug-08 16:41:19

Gro-bag do ones that you can travel with, but not sure if they have legs IYKWIM

Romy7 Tue 19-Aug-08 16:42:11

fledglings?

Flibbertyjibbet Tue 19-Aug-08 16:57:27

As soon as all the winter stocks come in the shops you can get fleece sleepsuits.

Dont' know how big they go but Carters the american brand do them up to about 7 years old.

silverfrog Tue 19-Aug-08 18:11:13

thanks everyone.

Can't use duvet clips/turn duvet round as she goes to bed awake, then chats/reads stories to herself for a while, usually sat on her chair, but quite often stood by the window 9she likes to look out for dh coming home) before she goes to sleep. she would just get out and then not understand to get back in iyswim.

I do put the covers over her before I go to bed, but she wriggles out overnight, and is left freezing.

We use fleece sleepsuits already, but her room is really cold overnight - can't put a heater in there as she'd probably burn herself.

the grobag travel ones have a slit on the back, and a double zip at the front, so no good, but thanks anyway.

I have looked at the fledglings catalogue, and the only sleepsuits they offer are the houdini ones, and made to measure cotton for larger children, but may give thema ring and see what they suggest.

dd1 is ok walking around in a grobag, but she would not be able to get back up onto bed (her bed is quite high, despite not being a cabin bed, and her usual method of entry is to swing one leg up sideways and heave herself on, so can't see it being possible in a grobag...)

I have double suited her the last couple of nights, but it is a faff as she doesn't understand one the first suit is on that she needs to put another one on, so that's why I thought of a grobag with legs.

From research today, most fleece suits are rated at 1-1.5 togs, and she always used to have a 2.5 tog grbag, except in extreme heat, so no wonder she is chilly.

Roskva Tue 19-Aug-08 19:41:05

Are there any folk out there handy with their fingers who could make you something? It might be worth posting in crafts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now