Talk

Advanced search

has anyone put a buggyboard on a buggaboo bee?

(6 Posts)
dueinnovember Mon 18-Aug-08 23:39:52

I'm thinking of buying a bugaboo bee, but need to be able to fit a buggy board for DD1. I know that bugaboo don't make them for the Bee but has anyone tried fitting a different branded buggyboard? Tried John Lewis today but they'd sold out of buggyboards so couldn't try attaching one and Mothercare refused to open a buggyboard packet and assemble it to try fitting it. I guess we won't be buying the pram from them if it does fit.

oysterpots Tue 19-Aug-08 13:48:22

I was told by John Lewis that Bugaboo are making a buggy board for the Bee, it just hasn't come out yet. Give them a ring - 0800 5878265 - they've always been really helpful when I've called them. And let us know what they say!

mustsleep Tue 19-Aug-08 13:59:54

hi

i have a bug bee and have fitted a lascal liddy board to it the maxi one

it fits fine and when the board it removed you can;t really tell that the fittings are there as they blend in with the wheel fittings wink

would be interested to see what the actual bugaboo one is like if they're making one- it usually says on their website if something new is coming out

dueinnovember Thu 21-Aug-08 09:52:23

Thanks oysterpots and mustsleep. I've had a look at the lascal one online and it looks great. Being able to fit a buggy board is essential. How have you found the bee?

mustsleep Thu 21-Aug-08 11:33:42

i havent yet as i'm not due till sept - buti have two other lo's and have had a fair few buggys and this one looks like it ticks all the boxes for me grin - although the seat does look as though it may be out grown quickly, but we will see

oysterpots Thu 21-Aug-08 11:52:27

I love the bee. LOVE IT! I was a bit worried about it because of the size thing at first but I'm so happy with it. DH loves it too which is a big factor as he shares the childcare with me.

The only thing they aren't great at is sometimes going down kerbs if it's a very pot-holey road - the wheels are quite wee and can get a bit stuck. But that's the only bad thing I can say about it.

I don't think I could go back to any other buggies now (used to have a M&P pramette and an I'coo). Whenever I've had to push other people's buggies it shocks me how bad they are. See also shopping trolleys, luggage trolleys... bugaboo should make them too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now