Talk

Advanced search

Red Nose Day 2005

(21 Posts)
SPARKLER1 Tue 15-Feb-05 22:48:05

Bought my Red Nose Car Air Freshener the other day. They are soooooooo cute.

mycarairfreshener

Have made a donation although small.

Fimbo Tue 15-Feb-05 22:49:46

Bought DD the T-Shirt in TK Maxx on Saturday (last one left in her size!!!!!!)

Jbck Tue 15-Feb-05 23:00:38

Got a nose the other day in Sainsbury's they're great this year & you get face paints & red hair gel this time too.

SPARKLER1 Tue 15-Feb-05 23:11:37

I think they are so cool. I love the hair!!!!!

changednamecausetoocowardlytob Wed 16-Feb-05 00:11:19

TACKY

HunkerMunker Wed 16-Feb-05 00:12:02

Ooh, controversial!

I love that they come up with a new design each year for them.

woodpops Wed 16-Feb-05 09:53:18

OMG, I've seen it all now. There is a red nose day t-shirt for sale on e-bay. It's signed by Big Brothers Stuart Wilson and biding is already up to £410. Has the world gone mad

changednamecausetoocowardlytob Wed 16-Feb-05 16:47:59

Don't just mean that this years nose is tacky. It's all tacky - horrible - badly promoted, only a certain type of person buys and actively displays the car ones - horrible - horrible - horrible - horrible

makealist Wed 16-Feb-05 16:52:01

Just got our red nose from oxfam today and the lady behind the counter warned me that people are having trouble washing the face paint off....so be warned.

Also got our "make poverty history" white band, which I've tied onto my handbag strap.

SPARKLER1 Wed 16-Feb-05 17:07:32

changednamecausetoocowardlytob - what do you mean only a certain person buys and displays them in their car??

changednamecausetoocowardlytob Wed 16-Feb-05 21:14:51

mmmmm - what meant by that,

purpleturtle Wed 16-Feb-05 21:18:10

I'm sooo unimaginative. What a good place to put your white band (just corrected a typo that put s at the beginning of white then ) I'm wearing mine on my wrist, and it would have to be called a grey band now. Must find somewhere funky to put it.

Hulababy Wed 16-Feb-05 21:18:19

DD has a nose - with all the extra bits. I think it is all just fun and raising money for a good cause - so don't care if tacky!

changednamecausetoocowardlytob Wed 16-Feb-05 21:18:50

generally people who want to be seen one of the 'in-crowd'.... someone who wants to be seen as doing good - even if their only contribution is the minute amount they had to pay for their red nose ... dare, I say it - chav springs to mind, poser young men who think its amusing, also youngish woman (or women who thinks she's young (mutton dressed ad lamb, etc) lots of hair, usually piled on top of head, thinks she's sexy (but definately NOT) bit of a boy racer (male & female), wants to be seen as 'in', etc, etc, etc

SPARKLER1 Thu 17-Feb-05 12:34:34

Well I bought my car airfreshner because I like it. It was bright and cheerful and made me smile. I definitely didn't buy it to be in with the crowd. Don't give a damn if people like things I have or not. I was quite pleased that I had made a donation to a worth cause too.

Hulababy Thu 17-Feb-05 20:55:18

Don't think MIL and my 2yo DD bought their nose to be part of any "in" crowd.

Fimbo Thu 17-Feb-05 20:59:33

My dd is certainly not trying to be part of any "in" crowd at 6 years old!! I bought her the t-shirt as she has to wear red to school on that day and its not a colour she normally wears. Also thought I was helping charity but oh well there you go. Never realised I was a "Chav" must go and look for some fake burberry now!!

SPARKLER1 Thu 17-Feb-05 22:34:53

misdee Thu 17-Feb-05 22:37:04

do they still do the little pin badges?

SPARKLER1 Thu 17-Feb-05 23:00:21

I don't know. Didn't spot them on the website.

nicm Thu 17-Feb-05 23:51:54

sainsburys had the pin badges in last week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now