Talk

Advanced search

Girly stuff for a 2 year old, what do yours like?

(15 Posts)
tassisssss Mon 18-Aug-08 16:57:43

We have an older boy, dd1 is 2 next month and our 3rd is a 10 week old girl. I'm looking for birthday ideas for dd1 and we have lots of the usual toddler stuff but nothing girly.

I'm thinking dolls stuff, girly dressing up, a Dora/Peppa Pig DVD. What else?

chocolatemummy Mon 18-Aug-08 16:59:02

craft and colouring/art stuff, baking and dressing up

biglips Mon 18-Aug-08 17:00:19

my dd is so into arty stuff, there are good stuff in ELC....but then again she is so into everything grin

Takver Mon 18-Aug-08 17:52:42

Depending on your DD, what about Playmobil - my DD went mad for all the animals at that age and it is still the most played with toy out of everything that she has both with her & with her swarms of girly friends.
(I say depending because I know you're not meant to give it them til 3, but DD was well past things in mouth stage by 2).

Imnotok Mon 18-Aug-08 17:57:37

My dd 2.7 keeps asking for a shopping trolley .

hana Mon 18-Aug-08 18:00:43

dd3 will be 2 soon and she loves pushing a buggy around with dolls in it, dressing up (doesn't matter what the outfit is!) , wearing dress up high heels, duplo, playmobil. Not really into artsy crafty stuff yet, she makes too much mess - apart from stickers, foamies and playdoh.
hth

tkband3 Mon 18-Aug-08 18:07:29

Tea set?
Wooden/plastic food?
Play kitchen?
Wings and tiara a must grin.

sugarpear Mon 18-Aug-08 18:14:34

my 2yo dd adores dora. Anything to do with dollies and prams and their accesories.

She is very girly.

My dd1 was girly too but dd2 had a thing for bob the builder!!!

twofalls Mon 18-Aug-08 18:16:28

I agree, dd, 2.4 plays mostly with:

tea set
play food and shopping basket
doll, buggy, changing bag with milk, rattle, drinks, nappies
fairy wings and tiara which is such a cliche but so true grin

She loves peppa pig, maisy, and disney films

tassisssss Mon 18-Aug-08 19:19:35

thanks all, that's helpful

we have payfood/teaset/kitchen and some craft stuff from ds

takver I loathe playmobil on account of a zillion small bits, but you've reminded me that I'd wondered about adding to our duplo...

harpomarx Mon 18-Aug-08 19:27:47

Start a dressing up box. Not just complete outfits but scarves, hats, bags, masks etc. Oh and shoes. DD will grow into it, it's great when friends come round and you can have fun buying the bits for it. Don't spend loads on the stuff, have a scout round charity shops and you will be amazed at what you could find. Great for being creative and ticks the girly boxes but will also be fun for visiting boys if you put a mix of stuff in it.

Jaamy Mon 18-Aug-08 19:44:04

Both DDs loved putting dollies to bed so a small dolly cot would probably go down well. Also for craft things, ELC do a version of Playdoh (if you're brave enough) that you can make fairies out of.

Definitely dress up stuff. It's the first thing my girls head for every morning, though a friend of mine has 2DDs after a DS and they aren't as keen on the dressing up box.

The Fifi teapot house is quite good, DD2 got that for her 2nd b'day and has played with it a lot over the last year.

Duplo (or it might be lego) do a lovely princess castle set. DD2 got that for Christmas last year and has been played with very much.

Hope you all have fun, whatever you get her.

Othersideofthechannel Mon 18-Aug-08 19:55:01

The duplo dolls house has been a hit with DD and any girl who visits since we bought it for her 2nd birthday.

tassisssss Mon 18-Aug-08 19:57:10

oh dear I've just seen the duplo princess palace at over £50 and it really is lovely

and I do have 2 dds so could probably justify it

aaaargh!

soph28 Mon 18-Aug-08 20:10:02

You sound the same as me- have an older boy then 2 DDs. DD1 was 2 last month and DD2 is 14 weeks.

DD2 already had dollies and a buggy, teaset etc.

We got her Sylvanian family stuff which is very girlie and she loves it.
She also got a pink trike which she loves.

She doesn't get dressng up yet.

She has a push along wooden duck which ranks amongst one of her favourites.

She would love a kitchen/cooker/washing machine/hoover etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now