Talk

Advanced search

Please help me find a good double buggy for two big 1yo boys.

(9 Posts)
kekouan Mon 18-Aug-08 16:04:10

I need a buggy very soon for a 11mo and a 13 mo. They're both big boys so need a pretty roomy one.

I've been looking at the Graco DuoSport and Mothercare Duolite, both would be brilliant but are slightly too big to fit in my car (I have a VW Golf).

I've been searching in desperation - I'd love an umbrella folding one as storage is also an issue, but they're all so narrow.

HELP!!!

Thanks a lot

kekouan Mon 18-Aug-08 19:00:26

anybody?

accessorizequeen Mon 18-Aug-08 20:16:33

What about the combi we2? Umbrella fold, fairly roomy by the look of it.

Egg Mon 18-Aug-08 20:24:05

I have a Jane Powertwin and also a Mclaren Techno double. I also drive a golf. The Powertwin fits in easily. The Mclaren has to be wedged and can be a right pain to get in or out (don't really use it much just keep it in car for emergencies).

Powertwin fits my DS1 (2.5) fine. The hoods are a bit low if pulled forward completely, esp the front one but DS1 fits under quite happily. I have 7 month old DTs so have never have two older children in, but often have DS1 and DS2 in.

Took Mclaren double on a day trip recently and did not try it with DS1, only with DTs, but struggled a lot more with it. Might just be because I am not used to it but find the air filled tyres on Powertwin really help when buggy is heavy.

oooggs Mon 18-Aug-08 20:28:16

double nipper for my 16mth olds (dt2 is big) and they have loads of room (and ds1 4.8 can also fit in it - he doesn't but he wanted to try it out for size to see what he was missing.)

kekouan Tue 19-Aug-08 20:26:46

brilliant, thank you very much...

makkapakkamoo Tue 19-Aug-08 20:29:38

mamas and papas twin aria. very compact fold. weighs 7.4kg and my 17kg 2.5yo ds fits in it no problem.

Celery Tue 19-Aug-08 20:35:05

I have a double nipper and still use it for my 2.6 yr old and 4.6 year old at times ( shse is v. lazy grin ). Brilliant, love it, easy to push and plenty of room.

nicolamumof3 Tue 19-Aug-08 20:47:04

I have had a combiwe2, didn't like it the seats were not upright enough for my toddler and the cosytoes were rubbish, i've had a few doubles!! Im now on a maclaren twin triumph lovely pushchair, but finding it hard to push now with my 13m old and 2.8yr old boys!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now