Talk

Advanced search

Please help me find a pushchair. DD 20 mths. I am short. Needs to fold quite small

(14 Posts)
EustaciaVye Mon 18-Aug-08 14:07:30

Title says it all really.

DD is 20 months old. We have a Maclaren Triumph which was DD1s and it is on its last legs. I only envisage using a pushchair for about 12 more months so dont want to spend loads of money.

The boot of my car isnt huge so it needs to fold down quite small. And also if possible a decent basket size would be nice. I'm only short so dont want the handles to be really high.

I know I'm not asking much grin but any hints would be appreciated.

Indith Mon 18-Aug-08 18:57:48

Dunno EV, I have a Maclaren Quest, 2nd hand Maclaren of some description? Or cheapo job they do in Tesco? They have some for under £20. Mind you one or other of the Maclaren models is pretty much always on special offer in Mothercare etc.

geordieminx Mon 18-Aug-08 19:17:58

I have just bought my second m&p aria from ebay - I love them - folds easily and quickly, comfortable, snack tray and huge basket.

Got first one for £16, bought this one for £33 and its immaculate

accessorizequeen Mon 18-Aug-08 20:07:14

I have a [[ http://www.mumsnet.com/Reviews/PushchairsFromBirth/841 graco citisport]] (I think mothercare do a version of this also) which has a nice big basket. Not much on ebay, I seem to recall, it folds down reasonably small, not an umbrella fold like the triumph. I can measure mine folded if you think it might suit. Goes pretty flat too for naps, reasonable hood. I got mine when we sold our Maclaren which I found had such a small basket and hard to use the brake. Ono problem I found was that the fold is a bit difficult to figure out (twist the handle & push button etc) but then it lives at mum's and I don't use it v.often! Handlebar is adjustable, but mum is short grin and has no probs with it!

accessorizequeen Mon 18-Aug-08 20:07:37

graco citisport

MARGOsBeenPlayingWithMyNooNoo Mon 18-Aug-08 21:23:40

we have one in red, very similar to this one. I'm able to put it in my small boot

Bowddee Mon 18-Aug-08 21:26:47

I have a 'Combi'. It's very light, folds up very small and has a carry-bag. Apparently it's small enough to be accepted as hand luggage on a flight.

CarGirl Mon 18-Aug-08 21:28:23

citisport a million times easier to push/steer than an aria. I have to say the aria is one of the worst to steer pushchairs I have tried!

thisisyesterday Mon 18-Aug-08 21:36:55

petite star zia?

EustaciaVye Tue 19-Aug-08 09:10:37

Thanks everyone.

I've seen a few negatives about the aria so probably wont get that. I have a Graco pushchair which gets used a bit and I love it but it almost fills my boot.

I saw that buggy online Margo. Might go in the mothercare shop and take a look.

<<EV goes off to google petite star zia and combi>>

misdee Tue 19-Aug-08 09:12:29

maclaren volo?

MamaG Tue 19-Aug-08 09:14:00

ooh misdee, fancy seeing you on a pushchair thread grin

EustaciaVye Tue 19-Aug-08 09:17:52

Ok, dont want a 3 wheeler so petite star zia is out.

There are a few combis so need to look later when I have a bit more time.

I saw the volo. Do you know how it compares to the triumph? I see it is cheaper but doesnt come with the hood.

misdee Tue 19-Aug-08 09:20:03

check for sale board....

hiya mamag.

i am clearing out buggys atm. SGK is looking after my mountain buggy until i move house. because i am really pathetic and dont want it damaged by removals.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now