Talk

Advanced search

Bugaboo bee for 1 year old - does it make sense?

(4 Posts)
Miko Mon 18-Aug-08 12:31:23

I am thinking about buying bugaboo bee for my 1 year old daughter. The main reason is I would like to have rear facing buggy. At present we have 2 pushchairs: Maclaren XT and Jane Slalom Pro but none of them is rear facing. I know that children at this age may prefer to look forward but I have got a feeling that I am missing something with LO not facing me. As this is time when they develop speech I would like to talk to her when we are out and see her responses (obviously not all the time).

Bee is very compact and it is its main advantage and disadvantage at the same time. The advantage is that it easily fits everywhere (live in London so important, like Maclaren and unlike Jane) and the disadvantage: I am not sure how long my daughter can use it. She is taller than average but slim (average weight for 1 year old).

I would appreciate any thoughts and personal experience that will help to make my mind. Any other suggestions of compact buggy with rear facing option?

Lionstar Mon 18-Aug-08 12:35:49

What about the M&P Switch (or get Peg Perego brand for a bit cheaper). Basically the Pliko but the seat goes either way (and I think folds with the seat either way too)

Miko Mon 18-Aug-08 12:47:36

Lionstar thanks for your fast response. My friend has M&P and I found it awful to manoeuvre. Actually she switched her son to Maclaren XT at about 10 months for this reason.

horsemadgal Mon 18-Aug-08 13:09:43

I'd say if you can afford it go for it.
They keep winking at me when I'm in the buggy shops.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now