Talk

Advanced search

Boots hair straightening kit: Anyone tried it??

(10 Posts)
4andnotout Sun 17-Aug-08 22:11:45

I hate straightening my hair so thought this may be the way to go! Has anyone tried it?

4andnotout Sun 17-Aug-08 22:21:10

ginnny Sun 17-Aug-08 22:43:14

I saw it too but was too scared to try it in case it went wrong!
I spoke to my hairdresser and she says its not as easy as it looks (but then she would say that wouldn't she!)

lauraloola Mon 18-Aug-08 11:21:11

Ohhh, going to watch this one as I have been looking at it aswell and cant find anyone who has tried it...

4andnotout Mon 18-Aug-08 11:23:18

Maybe i should just bite the bullet...whats the worst that can happen wink

lauraloola Mon 18-Aug-08 11:24:45

Let me know how you get on x

chipmunkswhereareyou Mon 18-Aug-08 11:35:50

I've had my hair 'permanently' straightened at the hairdressers and it's great but expensive so I'll be interested in hearing about how it goes!

firsttimemama Mon 18-Aug-08 11:41:29

there was a thread on this about 6 mths ago try a search and you'll get some answers (i'm no good at links)

pucca Mon 18-Aug-08 11:48:36

All that is usually used is perming lotion, but of course instead of using rods to curl it you keep combing it while the lotion takes.

So what you need to do is keep the hair as straight as possible while the lotion is on, so keep still and keep combing the hair over and over.

The most important bit is the neutralising (same with a perm), as this is what locks it in, if you don't do this bit right the first stage doesn't matter at all. Again keep combing the hair as straight as possible for the time frame.

I have thought about it myself, but the only thing that puts me off, is the wavy/curly roots when the hair grows and it does dry your hair out quite a bit, causes breakage.

AnAngelWithin Mon 18-Aug-08 11:49:12

yep its great!! bit of a faff but loads cheaper than the hairdressers and the results lasted ages with me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now