Talk

Advanced search

Hot tubs, What do I need to know?

(14 Posts)
caykon Sun 17-Aug-08 22:06:30

Dh is keen to get a hot tub to go on our veranda. (it will have to be 2nd hand I wont let him buy a new one on a whim)
What do I need to know? Do they cost a lot to run, repairs? keeping clean etc?
Are they really worth it all?

catweazle Sun 17-Aug-08 22:08:41

Next door have one. The vibrations from it make a horrible rumbling noise all through our house .

maidamess Sun 17-Aug-08 22:09:50

Can't understand the hot tub thing at all. All that hot water...outside...in a cossie...why???

ja9 Sun 17-Aug-08 22:11:56

oh, all you need to know is it's fantastic! would love to have one. we hired one for the weekend for dhs 30th and it was fab fab fab.

Califrau Sun 17-Aug-08 22:13:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HappypillsGalore Sun 17-Aug-08 22:15:34

they are a fair bit of bother and cost to run and keep clean and have serviced etc.

they are absolutely lovely to be in on a cold winters night, steam rising up into a starry sky, bottle of wine in hand and some nice music playing... ahhhhh. cheesy as hell, but v enjoyable imo.

i dont wear a cossie in mine if no non-family are here, we're not overlooked.

id say a tip to think of is the design inside; ours is sort of square, wiuth two sides being taken up by molded recliner-shaped seatbeds iyswim, and the remaining corner is more like bench seating. i spena all my time on the benchseat bit as the recliner really isnt that comfy, and the jets, if theyre on, make me itch if they are directly on my skin. if i were to buy another, id get a round one with all seats, no fancy bed-shaped bits.

TheDuchessOfNorksBride Sun 17-Aug-08 22:49:42

All your friends & neighbours will think you're swingers. wink

HappypillsGalore Sun 17-Aug-08 22:53:45

ah, good thing we dont have any friends or neighbours then!! gringrin

Califrau Mon 18-Aug-08 01:09:43

Califrau Mon 18-Aug-08 01:11:30

hughjarssss Mon 18-Aug-08 01:13:18

You can hire them! Fab!

How does that work??

sallystrawberry Mon 18-Aug-08 01:14:52

HappypillsGalore Mon 18-Aug-08 11:54:19

phew! i thought it was just me with the itching... i hate it! grin

i love sitting in it with all the bubbles off in the dark and silence and freezing cold of winter, roasting in my tub under the stars and listening to all the night sounds. tis peaceful, innit.

Califrau Mon 18-Aug-08 20:20:37

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now