Talk

Advanced search

please tell me about scooters...

(8 Posts)
slayerette Sun 17-Aug-08 21:29:01

...ds, who is 5, would love a scooter for xmas (yes - starting shopping early to avoid huge outlay in December!). I know nothing about them; he has seen ads for the ozbozz one with the flashing lights which he is very keen on. Is this one any good? Can anyone advise on a good sturdy two-wheeled scooter which an average sized 5 yr old will manage?

Thank you!

traceybath Sun 17-Aug-08 21:31:57

my son has just had for his 4th birthday this one

its really good and feels very good quality compared to some of the cheaper ones.

Milliways Sun 17-Aug-08 21:34:23

We bought an Ozbozz years ago - it was great and still in working order (but mine have outgrown them all now)

skewputt Sun 17-Aug-08 21:40:08

My ds (5) has a silver two-wheeler we got from jjb sports - not sure of the brand as it has rubbed off, but it's got blue handles and trim and was the only one they stocked (if that helps??).

Aside from name rubbing off, it has seen constant use for a year and is bearing up really well. The handlebars are height adjustable and though the two-wheeled ones can be a bit harder to master they are far better for that age group than three-wheeled imo, really good for balance and general zipping about!

slayerette Sun 17-Aug-08 21:52:57

Thank you! He is set on a two-wheeler; has got to that age where he is quite aware of his dignity and I think a three-wheeler is 'for little boys' in his opinion! I like the idea of height-adjustable handlebars so will look out for that.

slayerette Sun 17-Aug-08 21:54:33

That one looks lovely, traceybath, but a bit more than we were hoping to pay!

fairy15 Sun 17-Aug-08 22:23:26

they had some in woolworths last week in the sale as I got ds a lazy town one which has 3 wheels but the older boys ones didn't it was 14 pound instead of 27, I'm also Xmas shopping early!

slayerette Mon 18-Aug-08 15:33:05

Thank you! I have gone with the ozbozz one as it has the required flashing lights and life wouldn't be worth living if those weren't there grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now