Talk

Advanced search

Car seat which can go in different cars?

(12 Posts)
lilybubble Tue 15-Feb-05 16:57:24

Hi there,
I am hoping for some suggestions for a car seat for my 18mo dd please! We don't have a car, but will soon be hiring one a couple of times, so it will make more sense to buy one rather than hire one (which is £23 a DAY!!)

I've seen some really nice ones on Kiddicare, and also some cheap ones in Argos. Basically, I need recommendations for one which we can easily put in and take out of a car. Can anyone suggest any?? Price not the biggest issue, the portability is the most important.

Thanks in advance.

misdee Tue 15-Feb-05 17:05:32

how tall and what weight is your dd?

lilybubble Tue 15-Feb-05 17:11:23

Sorry, should have mentioned that. She's 82cm /32" and 11.25kg / 24lb 7oz

misdee Tue 15-Feb-05 17:12:22

have u got mothercare nearby? ask them for some recommendations. and then order one onlne to save money!

lilybubble Tue 15-Feb-05 17:30:38

Yes, have been to Mothercare, and they were really unhelpful, saying I'd have to tell them which make and model of car it would be for!

Surely there must be a couple of models which are suitable to be swapped around?

WestCountryLass Tue 15-Feb-05 20:28:13

I just bought the Britax reversible car seat (goes rea and forward facing from birth to 4 years) and it will go in pretty much any car.

misdee Tue 15-Feb-05 20:38:21

is that the 1st class si? wont fit in my parents car.

Jbck Tue 15-Feb-05 22:54:36

We've got Maxi-Cosi Priori with the side impact protection & it fits (to name but a few) Toyota Avensis, Peugeot 206, Nissan Primera & Mitsubishi L200. Tried it out in Mothercare think it's about £120 there & bought it from Kiddicare for about £70 cos we really needed 2. Ordered it 4pm Tuesday & had them first thing Thursday morning.

HunkerMunker Tue 15-Feb-05 22:57:36

The First Class won't go in our car forward-facing (Honda Civic), but it does rear facing. Like that's any bloody good!

Britax have a fit-finder on their website you can try - list of all the models of car and their seats and which one it fits in.

We have a Maxi-Cosi Priori XP and it fits in our car.

Jbck Tue 15-Feb-05 22:57:45

Should really have mentioned we've used it in all those cars there not just from the manufacturers list. Quite a few of the companies will tell you if you contact their customer service what models their seats fit. It's suitable from 20lbs or 9 months. We really wanted the Bebe Confort Iseos but it doesn't suit bucket type seats which DH had at the time in his car.

ediemay Tue 15-Feb-05 23:39:34

Hi, I have a Maxi Cosi priori in my car and bought a Chicco carseat from Toys R Us last year when DS was 18m to use in DP's and grandaprents' cars. I love it, it's so easy to move and use, and in my opinion very well designed. It cost about £70.

lilybubble Wed 16-Feb-05 00:38:21

Aw that's great - thank you so, so much for that everyone, I'm really grateful! Will get shopping then.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now