Talk

Advanced search

Please recommend me a pushchair - forward and rear facing, light weight and good for tall people

(17 Posts)
SugarPig Sun 17-Aug-08 18:52:29

Does that help a bit? blush

sazm Sun 17-Aug-08 19:39:33

chicco for me

nicm Sun 17-Aug-08 19:41:33

my teutonia, has a super extendable handle for wee me and for giant dp who is 6' 2''. it has a carrycot and then a seat unit which rear and forward faces, and can be folded with them still attached. i have the 3 wheeler but you can get 4 wheel versions. check pingpong online, that's where i got mine. anymore just ask. hth.

lauraloola Sun 17-Aug-08 20:06:59

Mutsy 4 Rider - I am 5ft 10 and it is fab! The handle height can be at 4 different levels from very low to very high. I have the carry cot and seperate pushchair that faces you and outwards. It is light weight when folder and a dream to push.

Nicm - Pingpong online is a German site isnt it? They have a basket for my Musty and have been wondering whether to buy it. Are they any good?

bran Sun 17-Aug-08 20:26:46

lauraloola, how light is it exactly? On the Mutsy website it says 19lbs (about 8.6kg) which is pretty good if that includes the seat, but less good if it's for the frame only.

lauraloola Sun 17-Aug-08 20:32:27

I havent used the seat yet as dd is only 9 weeks. I take the carry cot off so that its easier to get in and out of the car - Sounds like pain but its not. We did fold it up with the seat on when we got it and it didnt make much difference at all. You can take the wheels off to fold it smaller. It really is a great pram and seems really sturdy. I tested one in a shop and then found a good deal online - Oxfordpramcentre.com.

PigeonPie Sun 17-Aug-08 20:33:58

The [http://www.stokke-stroller.com/en%2Dgb/ Stokke Xplory]] is forward and rear facing and good for all heights. It is not lightweight to lift in and out of the car / bus, but it can be moved with one finger so is lightweight to move.

I think it is a fantastic pushchair and love mine.

PigeonPie Sun 17-Aug-08 20:34:41

Stokke Xplory
Sorry, should have checked the link!

bethoo Sun 17-Aug-08 20:35:43

bebecar is both rear and front facing and has extendable handles. also very eye catching

nicm Sun 17-Aug-08 20:44:53

hi lauraloola yes they are great, really helpful and they keep you up to date with despatch times etc. would definitely order from them again.

nicm Sun 17-Aug-08 20:44:56

hi lauraloola yes they are great, really helpful and they keep you up to date with despatch times etc. would definitely order from them again.

cmotdibbler Sun 17-Aug-08 20:48:55

We have the Mutsy too - I am 5'10 and DH is 6'3". Not the lightest pushchair around, but it is a joy to push as the handle actually extends rather than folds up (which most do), so you don't end up kicking the back axle if you have long legs. Its really easy to push even on the most uneven ground, and when folded is easy to lift.

DS is 2 and we still use it in rear facing as we all prefer that way round.

SugarPig Sun 17-Aug-08 20:52:03

Hadn't heard of Mutsy before - the handles do go really high. I'll have to see if I can find one to try out.

Thanks everyone.

pgwithnumber3 Sun 17-Aug-08 21:27:00

BUGABOO! I absolutely love mine and I am going to have to put it on ebay soon as need to purchase a double and I am devastated. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

onelittlelion Mon 18-Aug-08 00:15:02

Aniher vote for the Bugaboo Cameleon or maybe Bee.

Definately the lightest to push and lift rear facing pushchair I found and I tried quite a few looking!

onelittlelion Mon 18-Aug-08 00:16:03

(sorry for typos 1 handed as ds woke up!)

theirmum Mon 18-Aug-08 00:30:36

My DS is 17 weeks and I have has

bugaboo Cam
Bugaboo Gecko
Stokke
M&P Pramette (only rear facing until baby sits up)
Icandy Apple

Out of all of them and the one I am keeping (promise) I prefer the gecko its lighter than a cam seat is a tad smaller but has the same mobility I am 5'10 and the handle is just right I found the stokke to be like a tank not ideal if you want to take it in the car as its massive the Icandy is also really nice but the frame is shiny silver and marks easily I had it for 6 weeks and there was already marks on the frame when I cols it and I really look after my pushchairs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now