Talk

Advanced search

I need a bum bag thingy for when I'm running, something that will also hold a bottle of water

(17 Posts)
used2bthin Sun 17-Aug-08 13:15:47

I saw one at sweatybetty that would be perfect but was £££ so need something cheaper. I don't even know whgere to look for one, any ideas?

maidamess Sun 17-Aug-08 13:18:50

Don't know where to get bum bags from, but wouldn't a bottle of water be banging around a bit? Could you get a runners bottle instead?

Haylstones Sun 17-Aug-08 13:20:22

I gto dh one from sports direct and it was about £5.

twoluvlykids Sun 17-Aug-08 13:20:45

look at the ones for dog walkers.much cheaper & will be waterproof grin

used2bthin Sun 17-Aug-08 13:22:18

yes good idea I probably should. The bumbag at sweatybetty had an elastic strap to hold it in place then enough room for light waterproof, keys, mobile etc. They also had plastic bottles for £5 but I bet I could get cheaper... Actually I have started running as I'm doing a charity race, I wonder if they give a free one out(bottle that is).

used2bthin Sun 17-Aug-08 13:24:34

Ooh x posts with two of you. Where would I find dog walker ones do you know of anywhere? And Haylstones do you mean you got a bum bag thing or the bottle for £5? If the bumbag thats a bargain!

Shitehawk Sun 17-Aug-08 13:26:54

Dh bought one for three or four pounds from Aldi yesterday - holds two bottles and has a pouch.

twoluvlykids Sun 17-Aug-08 13:27:52

dog walker - pet shops/garden centres or try on line sites - just put in something like dog accessories.

used2bthin Sun 17-Aug-08 13:32:14

Oh ok thanks twolovelykids will try that. Shitehawk, we haven't got Aldi near here but that just shows how over priced the Sweaty Betty ones are!

Haylstones Sun 17-Aug-08 16:57:50

I got the bumbag thing with a water bottle for (I think) about £6. I got it for dh when he was going on a walking holiday- it was a karrimor one and the rrp was over £20 so it was a real b argain. Well worth a look!

JackieNo Sun 17-Aug-08 17:05:04

Was this the Sweaty Betty one?
Found this which is cheaper, and includes bottle. Not as cheap as some mentioned, though.

used2bthin Sun 17-Aug-08 20:31:11

Oh thanks Jackieno yes that was the one and the amazon one looks good. I may well order it in fact, if postage is free which I think it sometimes is.

JackieNo Sun 17-Aug-08 20:32:17

Have a search for runners accessories (on Google, not just Amazon) - there are others around too, for the same price or less (though not always with the bottle included).

used2bthin Sun 17-Aug-08 20:38:44

Thanks Jackieno, I actually have got a bottle that I bought for 2m old DD but she hates it. Just been looking at it and its very similar to the ones you can buy for running.

Fimbo Sun 17-Aug-08 20:46:22

I think Lidl have them as of tomorrow.

Fimbo Sun 17-Aug-08 20:48:43

Ignore me - its a bike thing they have.

used2bthin Sun 17-Aug-08 20:49:29

Oh thanks for the tip of Fimbo we've got a Lidl so I'll pop in before I order the amazon one in case I can get one there.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: