Talk

Advanced search

I need a bum bag thingy for when I'm running, something that will also hold a bottle of water

(17 Posts)
used2bthin Sun 17-Aug-08 13:15:47

I saw one at sweatybetty that would be perfect but was £££ so need something cheaper. I don't even know whgere to look for one, any ideas?

maidamess Sun 17-Aug-08 13:18:50

Don't know where to get bum bags from, but wouldn't a bottle of water be banging around a bit? Could you get a runners bottle instead?

Haylstones Sun 17-Aug-08 13:20:22

I gto dh one from sports direct and it was about £5.

twoluvlykids Sun 17-Aug-08 13:20:45

look at the ones for dog walkers.much cheaper & will be waterproof grin

used2bthin Sun 17-Aug-08 13:22:18

yes good idea I probably should. The bumbag at sweatybetty had an elastic strap to hold it in place then enough room for light waterproof, keys, mobile etc. They also had plastic bottles for £5 but I bet I could get cheaper... Actually I have started running as I'm doing a charity race, I wonder if they give a free one out(bottle that is).

used2bthin Sun 17-Aug-08 13:24:34

Ooh x posts with two of you. Where would I find dog walker ones do you know of anywhere? And Haylstones do you mean you got a bum bag thing or the bottle for £5? If the bumbag thats a bargain!

Shitehawk Sun 17-Aug-08 13:26:54

Dh bought one for three or four pounds from Aldi yesterday - holds two bottles and has a pouch.

twoluvlykids Sun 17-Aug-08 13:27:52

dog walker - pet shops/garden centres or try on line sites - just put in something like dog accessories.

used2bthin Sun 17-Aug-08 13:32:14

Oh ok thanks twolovelykids will try that. Shitehawk, we haven't got Aldi near here but that just shows how over priced the Sweaty Betty ones are!

Haylstones Sun 17-Aug-08 16:57:50

I got the bumbag thing with a water bottle for (I think) about £6. I got it for dh when he was going on a walking holiday- it was a karrimor one and the rrp was over £20 so it was a real b argain. Well worth a look!

JackieNo Sun 17-Aug-08 17:05:04

Was this the Sweaty Betty one?
Found this which is cheaper, and includes bottle. Not as cheap as some mentioned, though.

used2bthin Sun 17-Aug-08 20:31:11

Oh thanks Jackieno yes that was the one and the amazon one looks good. I may well order it in fact, if postage is free which I think it sometimes is.

JackieNo Sun 17-Aug-08 20:32:17

Have a search for runners accessories (on Google, not just Amazon) - there are others around too, for the same price or less (though not always with the bottle included).

used2bthin Sun 17-Aug-08 20:38:44

Thanks Jackieno, I actually have got a bottle that I bought for 2m old DD but she hates it. Just been looking at it and its very similar to the ones you can buy for running.

Fimbo Sun 17-Aug-08 20:46:22

I think Lidl have them as of tomorrow.

Fimbo Sun 17-Aug-08 20:48:43

Ignore me - its a bike thing they have.

used2bthin Sun 17-Aug-08 20:49:29

Oh thanks for the tip of Fimbo we've got a Lidl so I'll pop in before I order the amazon one in case I can get one there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now