Talk

Advanced search

Is there a double buggy that takes a car seat?

(16 Posts)
nobodysfool Sun 17-Aug-08 09:27:24

I'm looking for a double buggy that can take a car seat for a newborn and a large toddler.
I have looked on so many sites and shops but can't find any suitable.
Jane sell the powertwin but it's so expensive and mamas and papas sell the aria twin but i have heard bad reports on this one.
Looked at the Graco but the hood was touching my ds head.Looked more like a large hat than hood!!!
Surely the market has something suitable for a large toddler and a new born in a car seat attachment?
Any help will be great.

clayre Sun 17-Aug-08 09:30:48

i had the graco one and you didnt have to have the hood on the front seat unless you were using the raincover

nobodysfool Sun 17-Aug-08 09:43:04

My new baby is due in Jan so i think the rain cover will bo on and off most of the time.Does it need to be fully open for the rain cover or can it just rest on it when it is closed?

sazm Sun 17-Aug-08 10:04:57

hi,
which graco one did you try?im sure i heard someone on here saying that the new model(quattro) had less room in the front than the other one (stadium duo) i had the graco stadium duo one but my ds was only 18m when i had baby.
i think the raincover would sit on his head if you didnt have the hood fully open.
i also found that my toddler had more room in the front of the graco than in a powertwin.

clayre Sun 17-Aug-08 10:05:06

i think it would probably still worked when the hood is closed

nobodysfool Sun 17-Aug-08 10:10:34

I tried the quattrro but will have a look at the stadium duo if there is more room.
Looks like another trip to the shops.

Swedes Sun 17-Aug-08 10:12:05

Phil & Teds takes a Britax or their own carseat.

sazm Sun 17-Aug-08 11:11:15

can you put a toddler in a phil and teds too though with the car seat on?

naomi83 Sun 17-Aug-08 11:22:11

have you seen this? i've heard great things about it
shop.babyworld.co.uk/DisplayDetail.aspx?prodid=1976&secid=196

Swedes Sun 17-Aug-08 11:40:21

I would recommend Phil & Teds. They are brilliant. The cocoon in the lie flat position is fantastic as you don't need to wake the baby when you get home.

sazm Sun 17-Aug-08 12:30:49

but where does the toddler sit if you have the car seat attached??

nobodysfool Sun 17-Aug-08 13:05:58

Really don't want to get a P&T.I love the look of them but i personally don't like the fact if they are asleep in the car you have to disturb them by putting them in the cocoon and then sliding them in their part of the buggy.

The duowalker looks great and i have emailed the site to ask the internal width and height of the seats.No reply for 3 days.

sazm Sun 17-Aug-08 19:36:42

only thing with the car seat thing is when they are little they can only be in the carseat for short periods.(2-3hrs)
i had the graco stadium duo,and if i was just nipping into the local shops i used the car seat on it as it was REALLY handy.

nobodysfool Sun 17-Aug-08 21:36:38

sazm-2-3 hours gives enough time to get the shopping done (hopefully).

Millie1 Sun 17-Aug-08 22:13:57

The Easywalker Duo (linked to by Naomi83) takes one carseat (think it has to be a maxi-cosi). We've got the pram recently for newborn twins and aren't using the carseat option so can't advise on that but as for the pram itself ... I'd highly recommend it. (Think Easywalker ought to put me on commission given how many times I've said that! grin

sazm Mon 18-Aug-08 09:09:05

lol,lucky u!
for me it was an hours drive there and an hours back so it didnt work for me,but the back seat of the graco is really well padded anyway for a newborn.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now