Talk

Advanced search

Nursing Chairs.

(24 Posts)
cori Tue 15-Feb-05 14:21:45

I am going to splash out and buy a nursing Chair for the next baby. Can anyone recommend a good brand? I have seen the Hauker range on Ebay, any one have one of these?

Cod Tue 15-Feb-05 14:22:22

Message withdrawn

lunavix Tue 15-Feb-05 14:24:30

I love ours, we got it second hand for £50 (without a stool though) and while we didn't use it for nursing (by the time we got it I'd had to stop) it's in the spare room, and when ds needs some chill out time we go up there and have a cuddle and he plays with the curtains!

lunavix Tue 15-Feb-05 14:25:20

Ours originally came from argos (we think) but the pattern and colour is pretty grin, its a weird blue fabric with white flowers and a rosewood-y colour varnish. Comfort makes up for it

cori Tue 15-Feb-05 14:34:05

cod, I cant see those threads, have tried searching messages.

Twiglett Tue 15-Feb-05 14:36:16

this is an old thread

cori Tue 15-Feb-05 17:16:49

Bump

blueteddy Tue 15-Feb-05 17:19:34

They are selling a glider chair & foot stall on the D&A website for £99 rather than £400!!!!
It is in a cream colour & looks really nice.

cori Tue 15-Feb-05 17:21:17

Sorry, what is the D&A website?

blueteddy Tue 15-Feb-05 17:23:48

D&A is a big toy & nursery superstore.
The website address is www.datoys.co.uk
Hope that helps!

blueteddy Tue 15-Feb-05 17:25:28

If u look up the website, the chair is on the home page, with the specials.

JiminyCricket Tue 15-Feb-05 17:46:52

I got a cheap one (new) on ebay (£160ish I think) it's been fine.

blueteddy Tue 15-Feb-05 18:20:29

Did u have a look on the website cori?

cori Tue 15-Feb-05 18:35:24

I did look. The cushion, and padding looks a bit thin. I couldnt work out what type of material it is made out of. I live in London so wouldnt be able to go and look at it in person

Tommy Tue 15-Feb-05 19:14:14

The best thing I did was to go into some shops and sit on them! John Lewis, Mothercare, independent baby shops etc.
I have a Dutalier one with footstool - bit pricey (last expensive pressie from DH before we lost my income!)but it has been used every day for the last 3+ years since I was pg with DS1

cori Tue 15-Feb-05 19:45:15

What brand is yours Tommy. I am only asking as I might buy one off ebay, and there is obviously no chance of pretesting.
I saw a lovely one day, in baby shop. However would not have had much change from £400.00.

Tommy Tue 15-Feb-05 20:06:30

The brand is call Dutalier - a Canadian company I think but I certainly tried mine out in John lewis

JulieF Tue 15-Feb-05 21:54:13

There is a new one Mothercare are selling. It isn't a rocker chair and is quite pricey but is better designed for breastfeeding. The rocker type ones can be bad for positioning, especially in the early days.

Its in the new catalogue.

PuffTheMagicDragon Tue 15-Feb-05 22:04:43

I had a dutalier too, with footstool. It was expensive, but I used it every day, it was so comfy. I sold it a few months ago, only because new wardrobes in our bedroom meant I no longer had space for it.

I have seen the dutalier ones come up for sale on ebay sometimes.

Tommy Wed 16-Feb-05 13:52:00

I can't imagine ever getting rid of mine! In fact, DH wants one as well - ours is in the living room. Never had a problem with feeding in the rocker but mine does have a lock on it which I use unless I'm trying to get babies to sleep

Gem13 Wed 16-Feb-05 13:54:47

The threads I saw when I looked into it were really positive.

WIsh I'd bought one for my first. Didn't with my second and it would seem an extravagance for a third.

Would have gone for a Dutalier and a footstool judging from what I read. And the fab one in the hospital.

Vornsta Wed 16-Feb-05 15:35:50

The new mothercare one is out of stock currently. Has anyone seen it for sale elsewhere? A quick google yielded no other sellers but then it didn't give a link to mothercare either! Googling "breastfeeding chair" does give you links to info on the chair's designer - it won a prize.

Tommy Wed 16-Feb-05 17:38:10

I think we bought ours direct from the supplier - online

cori Wed 16-Feb-05 20:41:17

I am pregnant with 2nd, not planning anymore. As this will be the last, I want everything I couldnt have (or afford) with the first. Is extravagant, but we also need another chair for the living room. Will look Dutailier,next time in John Lewis

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: