Talk

Advanced search

Wrap sling at airport

(6 Posts)
pleasechange Sat 16-Aug-08 21:45:16

I'm flying for the first time with my 7 week old next week and plan to use a sling for around the airport and on the plane as well if poss.

I have a stretch wrap and know you can pre-wrap these and pop lo in. Can this also be done in a woven wrap?

Does anyone have experience of using a sling during flights?

babyOcho Sun 17-Aug-08 04:09:15

We used our ERGO carrier at the airport and on the flight to San Francisco.
I've no experience with a wrap.

It was the first time that we traveled with her and our pram was checked in, but I would say if you ever travel by plane with a LO take a sling, so much better. Also, if your LO is unsettled on the flight or sleep-fights due to so much to look at, you can sling her to get her to sleep.

LostGirl Sun 17-Aug-08 07:22:41

I fly regularly and always used a stretchy wrap with dd until she was 5 months. Was far easier than using a pushchair, especially as was travelling by myself. Was worried that I would be asked to take it off at the security check point as it contains far more material than a coat and plenty of potential for hiding things under, but never have been. The only difficulty I ever had was that I had to take her out of the sling to put the seatbelt etc on, and this would always wake her up. Dd is now 8mths and I use a mei tai which means I don't have to wake her to get the seatbelt on. I haven't tried a wovwn wrap but believe that it is the same, you can still pop them in and out.

pleasechange Sun 17-Aug-08 20:37:04

Thanks both, its good to know they don't generally make you take off the sling through security, that certainly makes things easier!

thisisyesterday Sun 17-Aug-08 20:41:58

no, you can't pre-wrap a woven wrap because it would need to be loose enough to get baby in, which would mean it wouldn't be tight enough to be comfy/hold baby in place.
you have to wrap baby in it

pleasechange Mon 18-Aug-08 10:11:17

Thanks thisisyesterday, I didn't realise that. Think I'll take the stretchy wrap just in case they make me take baby out

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now