Talk

Advanced search

Booster seat for large 2 year old?

(5 Posts)
Bradsmum Tue 15-Feb-05 12:39:28

Hi - my ds is nearly 2.5, 1m tall and weights 33lbs. He is getting very heavy to manoeuvre into his car seat and his feet are against the seat in fron as his legs are so long. I understand booster seats are really from age 4 so don't know if he would be too small for one? Has anyone any experience with swapping over? If I go for it, is there a particular seat anyone can recommend? Thanks

misdee Tue 15-Feb-05 12:41:37

britax cruiser. suitable from 9months to six years. dd2 has justgot one as is 40lb, 1metre tall and also 2.5yearsold, and out of 2nd stage car seats.

also if he is supporting his body well, the graco car seats are good, and i think the britax kid may also be an option.

if u want the harness still then the only one i've found suitable is thwe britax elite.

Bradsmum Tue 15-Feb-05 12:44:23

Thanks misdee - v useful. Will definitely go for it. Don't want the harness just to use the safety belt and to give the poor child some more room for his legs!

logic Tue 15-Feb-05 13:01:34

Tbh, I find that the car seat sizes are a bit random. We had to move ds into a stage 1 seat even though weightwise he was too small but the poor kid's legs were squashed and his head was nearly sticking out of the top.

I am a bit worried now actually. Both your kids are 2.5 and so is ds but he only weighs 10kg - about 20 lbs. I know that he is small for his age and doesn't eat well but still...!

teabelly Wed 16-Feb-05 14:44:17

Hi there, our ds is 2.8 and @ 2st 8lbs (36lbs), but tall (3 foot 1), we've moved him to a graco junior car seat like this one (have to page down a bit) - bugger and it's on sale...we paid the full price

He gets on with this very well...there's a bit for the seatbelt to go through so that he's not decapitated, and later the back comes off to be just a booster seat. HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now