Talk

Advanced search

Tripp Trapp - taking the baby set off - when?

(9 Posts)
TantieTowie Fri 15-Aug-08 19:48:35

My DS is 19mo but getting fed up with being stuck in a highchair (Tripp Trapp with baby set on). When did you take yours off, and how did you get them to stay put in the chair once there was no restraint?

LittleMyDancingForJoy Fri 15-Aug-08 19:51:01

DS wouldn't let us take it off until a month ago (he's 2.4), and he doesn't fall out, but he does tend to get down when he's finished without waiting for us to let him.

SquiffyHock Fri 15-Aug-08 19:52:49

DD was about 18 months which made me nervous but she has never had an accident. She's pretty good at staying at the table but that's because she loves her grub!

PigeonPie Fri 15-Aug-08 20:34:00

DS1 was about 2. He could get in and out of it on his own with the baby set on quite easily. We kept the straps for a while once we took the back and bar off so that he couldn't escape while I was feeding DS2 at the table.

Had to get it all off a couple of weeks ago so that DS2 could use it on his. DS1 is now 2.9. I do love the Tripp Trapp.

apostrophe Fri 15-Aug-08 20:40:09

Message withdrawn

theyoungvisiter Fri 15-Aug-08 20:43:39

we took our bar off at about 18 months and put reins on instead (he was starting to climb out so it really wasn't safe).

The reins are safer and less restrictive. You don't have to buy the tripp trapp reins btw, you can get cheapo ones for a fiver that do the job just as well.

bamboostalks Fri 15-Aug-08 20:43:52

Just took it off yesterday, she is 18 months. No probs and so much easier. Dh thinks its risky though..."but it's your decision."

bamboostalks Fri 15-Aug-08 20:44:52

I've never used reins!! blush

theyoungvisiter Fri 15-Aug-08 20:47:19

I don't think you necessarily need to use reins - it depends on your child and your set up. We eat most of our meals with DS at the kitchen table, which is quite high and the floor is flagstones, if DS did fall he could easily crack his skull.

I don't bother using the reins if we're eating at the dining table (where there is carpet).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now