Talk

Advanced search

Best large fridge-freezer?

(8 Posts)
Willow2 Tue 15-Feb-05 10:16:06

Need a new fridge freezer. Want copious amounts of space for fruit and veg and deli stuff - and less freezer than fridge. Am contemplating the liebherr CBN5066 - see here because a friend swears by the biofresh bit which keeps stuff fresh for ages - and liebherr are supposedly very good make. Will have to leave the ice maker bit switched off for time being as won't be able to plumb it in until we re-do the kitchen (if we ever re-do the kitchen). Considering it won't be built in, should I go for a stainless steel option - or will I wish I hadn't wasted the money?

Your help would be appreciated. It is taking months to make up my mind and it is just one more thing on a very long list of things to do that I could really do with just doing!

CountessDracula Tue 15-Feb-05 10:16:42

AT LAST!

CountessDracula Tue 15-Feb-05 10:17:19

SS shows finger marks and will drive you insane

beachyhead Tue 15-Feb-05 10:22:56

I love my Fisher & Paykiel - but it is brushed steel, but doesn't seem to get dirty (maybe very low standards in my house)

Willow2 Tue 15-Feb-05 11:17:05

I have no idea how I managed to post this three times. Sorry.

lulupop Tue 15-Feb-05 15:47:28

we have a maytag, which I had lusted for (that's the kind of tragic person I am ) for ages.

do not buy a maytag. they look good, but the aftersales service is beyond appalling. Ours broke three times within the 2 yr warranty, and maytag's response to me calling on a friday afternoon to say my fridge was broken and full of food for ds' 2nd birthday party on the sunday was "we can't get anyone to you before tuesday". When I asked if they would be refunding me the £200 I had just spent at the supermarket, they said "we don't do that sort of thing"

Then it broke down twice more in the next 6 months. Both times I had to chuck a fridge full of food away. Their customer care people could not care less, and make it quite clear! I'd never buy another maytag appliance.

bluesky Tue 15-Feb-05 15:54:38

oh no, i was looking at the maytag! Where is sophieames, she knows about this sort of thing!?

Twiglett Tue 15-Feb-05 16:07:54

stainless steel is IMHO a very bad idea for anyone who doesn't believe in polishing kitchen appliances every time you use it

I love my American style fridge freezer with water and ice dispenser .. its a Samsung one (knock-off) and fabulous .. the only problem is replacing the water filter (its plumbed in) every 6 months

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now