Talk

Advanced search

Flipping Brabantia...

(10 Posts)
PortAndLemon Fri 15-Aug-08 10:33:34

Our bin lid has been broken for a while. Inspired by their guarantee and tales from Mumsnetters on this thread of how helpful they are at replacing them, I called Customer Service today. All going well and then he told me I'd have to send back the old lid first and manage without a lid for at least a week. This is not going to work in the middle of summer in a south-facing kitchen (quite apart from the hassle of packaging up a big bin lid, going to the post office and paying to send it to them). I may try again in winter, but really... grrr...

I'm not sure why I'm so annoyed -- if there was just a policy of not replacing it at all I'd not mind so much, but somehow dangling the "wwe have marvellous customer service and will replace it for free" in front of me has made me more hacked off.

Just needed to rant. Feel better now.

foofi Fri 15-Aug-08 10:35:32

I'm sure you could manage for a week!

Swedes Fri 15-Aug-08 10:37:44

Cover the top of the bin in foil?

biglips Fri 15-Aug-08 10:38:44

its only for a week though! and they are usually quick

PortAndLemon Fri 15-Aug-08 10:52:30

I will manage for a week when it's colder, but our kitchen gets like an oven at this time of year (and it's a second-floor flat in a communal block so it's a bit of a trek to take the rubbish oit). It's only the piddling little plastic catch that is broken, too.

I've lived with it being broken for a year or so, it's not any extra bother to wait for a few more months. I know IABU, I guess it's just dashed expectations.

fruitcorner Fri 15-Aug-08 22:31:29

My bin lid broke recently on bin that was 6 and a bit years' old. As it was a wedding present I didnt have a receipt. I applied on line for new lid and it was sent to me by post - never asked to send my old lid back. Have you tried online?

LynetteScavo Fri 15-Aug-08 22:42:13

My bin lid brok, and I bought a whole new bin...which came with an extra clip bit, incase it brakes again.

Do you just need the clip bit so it shuts? could they jsut send you that?

Can't tell you how pissed off I was when I got the new bin.

Snowstorm Fri 15-Aug-08 22:44:53

I'm on my 3rd - did it all on-line each time. Have never been asked to send the broken one in. I'd either phone again tomorrow and hope you get a different person who doesn't mention you sending yours in or do it on-line.

mummyineedyounow Sat 16-Aug-08 19:54:04

This happened to me recently. They will email you a prepaid postage label and I received a new one within the week. I covered the bin with a tray whilst I was waiting for the lid.

Swedes Tue 19-Aug-08 15:34:39

Shouldn't this thread title be "Non-flipping Brabantia", strictly speaking?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now