Talk

Advanced search

Bugaboo experts? Difference between 07 and 08 cameleon chassis?

(9 Posts)
jennieflower Thu 14-Aug-08 13:54:51

I collected my Bugaboo Cameleon from the shop last Saturday, they kindly assembled it for me so I didn't get any of the packaging with it. I haven't used it yet but noticed this morning there's a sticker on the chassis saying it was manufactured in October 2007. Does this mean I've got an older model? It was advertised as the 2008 version.

Does anyone know if there is a difference and should I complain?

Piffle Thu 14-Aug-08 14:15:55

sounds like an error
Ring and check
There are differences esp in the rear wheels I believe

HappyNewYearFeet06 Thu 14-Aug-08 14:37:22

Hi, 2 big differences are that the rear wheels are foam filled rather than air filled so no more punctures and the handle height adjusters should be white clips that you pull out adjust handle and then clip back. The older models had a small white part either side that you had to untwist, adjust height and then twist back up again.

Hope this helps. x

Fanlight Thu 14-Aug-08 14:40:40

What's it like Jennie? Does it have square slidy bits on the handlebars (to adjust height) or are they little spinning helicopter clips?

It could have been made late 07 and be the newer design for sale in 08 iyswim?

Fanlight Thu 14-Aug-08 14:41:51

Sorry the square bits aren't slidy they just unclip I think.

There's a minor difference in the way the seat unit removes as well I believe. (No safeyt catch any more)

And the tyres will be foam too as said.

jennieflower Thu 14-Aug-08 14:47:52

I'm not home at the moment so can't check. It didn't come with a puncture repair kit so I would assume the tyres are the newer foam filled version. I'll get DP to look later.

The handle height adjusters are definitely white clips which you pull out to adjust rather than untwist though.

I'll go through my manual later and call Bugaboo I think, they should be able to tell me if the shop are in the right. I hope it's all ok, the shop have been really good so far so I'd hate to fall out with them.

jennieflower Thu 14-Aug-08 14:50:12

Also, on either side of the carrycot part there's a little pocket with a strap and harness in, what's that for?

Teaandcake Thu 14-Aug-08 15:01:19

It is def the 08 model. The 'pull out' clip handlebar adjuster is only on the newer one.

The little pockets on the sides of the carrycot are for storing the waist straps for the harness when it is in seat unit mode (they are stitched on to the frame, the other parts of the harness are on the seat fabric). Just ignore them for now you don't need them until you change it over when the baby is 6 months or so.

jennieflower Thu 14-Aug-08 15:25:14

Ah that's great. Thanks for your help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now