Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can you rent a domestic fridge?

(7 Posts)
Lonelymum Mon 14-Feb-05 18:27:23

Does anyone know if it is possible to rent a domestic fridge for a period of 6 months? If so, where from? Eg does Comet or the other big retailers rent fridges? I have tried googling without any success.

BadHair Mon 14-Feb-05 18:29:26

TBH its probably cheaper just to buy a second hand one then sell it on when you've finished with it. You can sell them on to landlords, who are always too mean to pay for anything brand new - that's what we did with ours when we moved out of rented.

Lonelymum Mon 14-Feb-05 18:32:14

Must admit, I have just looked at buying one and the cheapest was £80 but it was tiny. However, one for £100 looked quite reasonable. Perhaps that is the best way forward.

iota Mon 14-Feb-05 18:50:28

try this
rent

alos have a look in your yellow pages - it tends to be local companies who do this

Lonelymum Mon 14-Feb-05 18:58:59

Thanks but no they don't cover our area. TBH it is the area we are moving to and I don't have access to the Yellow Pages for that area. I think we might have to buy something and hope to be able to sell it on later.

SofiaAmes Mon 14-Feb-05 22:02:25

Agree with the buying a used one. We bought one out of Loot to tide us over until we redid our kitchen and then sold it for what we paid for it.

vicdubya Mon 14-Feb-05 22:08:04

Yes you can. Try yell.com for electrical appliance shops.

We recently bought a 2nd hand one for £60 (reconditioned) as living in a rented house atm & didn;t want to shell out in case next house has integral like the last one did.

Again, try yell.com & ring round?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now