Talk

Advanced search

RENAULT GRAND SCENIC

(10 Posts)
dizzydixies Wed 13-Aug-08 20:23:54

anyone have one?

we're looking at a 4yr old one and we need it to take 3 car seats in the back, one baby, one forward facing and one high backed booster

BUT the bloke at our local garage said he wouldn't recommend them and now I'm all confused again

FioFio Wed 13-Aug-08 20:25:50

Message withdrawn

chocolatespiders Wed 13-Aug-08 20:26:51

i heart mine to

dizzydixies Wed 13-Aug-08 20:27:10

its a 1.9 diesel and we also have a dog to go in the back as well so am glad to hear it

tiredlady Wed 13-Aug-08 20:29:10

We got ours 6 months ago, Getting 3 seats across the back is a very tight squeeze, so definately take your seats along to try them out.

Having said that I absolutely love it.

Mind you, I was driving an utter pile of crap before, so my standards are probably quite low

expatinscotland Wed 13-Aug-08 20:32:06

no more French cars for us.

we had one and it died (a Clio). it was a piece of shit and no end of things go wrong with it.

we scrapped another Clio today (we'd got it for free). it had nothing but problems and as the man from the scrapyard was tethering it to the towtruck, he even said they were mince.

we need another car, we'll need to save up little by little, but it won't be a French one.

dizzydixies Wed 13-Aug-08 20:38:19

we used to have a clio and loved it - would ultimately love a new galaxy but they're 'too' new and can't afford one which was why I was pondering a grand scenic

Reginaphilangy Wed 13-Aug-08 20:41:38

I have a scenic - not grand (although i lust after a grand ...all that room ...)

Mine is a 1.9dci too. I love it and wouldn't swap it for the world (well apart from for a grand wink)

Mine takes 3 car seats across the back without too much difficulty - a forward facing isofix, a booster and a HB booster.

Hopeysgirlwasntbig Wed 13-Aug-08 20:43:04

I have a Grand Scenic (had it since Jan) hi Fio, unfortunately I couldn't get hold of an automatic diesel, they;re like gold dust on the second hand market, so I've got a 2 litre petrol. I absolutely love it, it's 3 years old and is fab, I've got the privilege model, so it has keyless entry which is just fantastic when you're carrying a baby, no worrying about fishing around in your bag for your keys.

My only criticism is that it is VERY VERY thirsty, I get on average 26mpg. BUT it is an automatic (making it a heavier car) petrol.

If you can, try and get a diesel, much more frugal on fuel.

nicm Thu 14-Aug-08 20:09:29

DON'T GET ONE!!!

i have a grand scenic 1.5dci. i bought it from new 4 years ago and it has been fixed loads of times. had the aa out to start it twice, the battery had died and they wanted me to buy a new one - i said no and i wasn't paying under any circumstances and they could keep the car rather than pay-they paid in the end. didn't think i should fork out for this after only a year.

has had the turbo go twice-they tried to say it was my fault and i must have been putting 'dodgy fuel' in the car. said i had been going to the same garage for 5 years and never had any problems-turned out diesel was fine.

the only good thing is that the mpg is about 55 and the insurance group is low, it has a 5 star safety rating and you can switch off the passenger airbag. i can get 3 car seats in the back but it's a tight squeeze getting the seat belts on.

have had problems with the electrics too and airbag warnings etc. dp had a megane and had loads of welectric problems too-the window, drivers airbag etc.

so i would go for a toyota or a honda. the aa gut that came out said he had a toyota and his wife had the 7 seater toyota and wouldn't buy anything else. thought he was the person to ask!!

hth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now