Talk

Advanced search

Glider/Feeding Chair

(16 Posts)
suiledonn Wed 13-Aug-08 19:30:37

When I breastfed dd I found it really hard to sit comfortably. We are in a rented house and none of the furniture is particularly comfortable. Now that I am expecting dc2 I am thinking of getting a glider chair. Just wondering if anyone has used one and if they are any goood. There seems to be a huge variation in price from the cheapest upwards. Are the lower price ones any good or would I be better off buying some sort of comfortable chair.

RedHead81 Wed 13-Aug-08 19:32:33

there is one for free in the for free section, don't know if anyone has asked for it yet...

RedHead81 Wed 13-Aug-08 19:33:24

they are really comfy, i use one at my bfing group

RhinestoneCowgirl Wed 13-Aug-08 19:33:27

From the ones I looked at they seem really expensive for a large piece of furniture that you realistically will only use for a short time.

In the early days of longer feeds I was quite comfy in our IKEA Poang chair, it's got a bentwood frame and so rocks slightly.

suiledonn Wed 13-Aug-08 19:33:29

Thanks Redhead but am not in UK so imagine delivery would be very expensive. I'll check it out.

RedHead81 Wed 13-Aug-08 19:34:50

oops, sorry!
don't know whick one is at the bfing grup i go to, but its uber confy

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Wed 13-Aug-08 19:35:10

I adored my glider chair, I think it's made by Cosatto. It was a comfortable godsend during those middle of the night bf's, and great for soothing a frazzled baby and mum.

KnockOffNorbert Wed 13-Aug-08 19:35:23

I didn't have one with DS but really wanted one, so have got one this time. It's been set up about a month now (baby not here yet though!) and I love it. Not sure how much difference you get between them, I asked on here before and everyone pretty much said get a cheap one which is what I have done and it's lovely. If it still works out OK i'll probably get an all bells and whistles dutaillier (sp?) for next time because the padding is a little thin on this one (OK with cushion).

MrsAlwaysRight Wed 13-Aug-08 19:44:15

I got a cheaper one and it is really comfy but I found after a couple of months DD got too long for me to comfortably feed her in chair because of the arm rests. I will keep hold of it to sit in and read her stories but if I made my choice again I would get one of those proper breast feeding chairs with a low seat, high back and no arm rests as it would be far more practical.

DisplacementActivity Wed 13-Aug-08 19:52:21

Message withdrawn

RhinestoneCowgirl Wed 13-Aug-08 20:16:10

Displacement - they may say dry clean only, but that didn't stop me sticking it in the machine on a delicates wash. Turned out fine (but then I see hand wash/dry clean only labels as a bit of a challenge...)

DisplacementActivity Wed 13-Aug-08 22:44:51

Message withdrawn

MarsLady Wed 13-Aug-08 22:45:41

I had one when I had the DTs. Wonderful thing! Slept really well in it as well. grin

makkapakkamoo Wed 13-Aug-08 22:52:04

i bought a glider chair with ds and although it was useful/comfortable to feed and rock baby in the early days but again the arm rests get in the way. also, once he became mobile, the chair was banished into the spare room as the gliger type have so many finger trap type hazards. hth

scoobi6 Wed 13-Aug-08 22:56:51

I LOVE my glider chair. Dh put it in the lounge as a surprise when I got home from the hospital with dd. I still use it now she's a toddler, we have it in her room for when she wakes at night needing a cuddle. Ours is a relatively cheap one from kiddicare.com, its fab for rocking a sleepy baby at night and SOOO comfy. It needs to have a foot rest but doesn't need to be reclinable. One with pouches in the sides for remote control, tissues, etc is good.

scoobi6 Wed 13-Aug-08 22:57:46

you won't just use it for a short time - my mum fell in love with ours and bought one for herself, for reading the paper in!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now