Talk

Advanced search

Do you own a GRACO quattro tour duo twin pushchair?

(29 Posts)
nobodysfool Wed 13-Aug-08 19:28:53

This one-

www.toysrus.co.uk/Product.aspx/BruHome/BruTravel/BruTravelGraco/739928

I really like the look of this buggy for my toddler (3 years) and baby (due in Jan).
It's reasonably priced enough to use for a shortish while till my toddler doesn't want to ride in a buggy.
What are the good and bad points?
Would you recommend it?
Any info would be fantastic.
Many thanks.

Nbg Wed 13-Aug-08 19:30:00

I maybe able to tell you soon.
I am wanting this one to replace the Jane we have atm.

It does look a lovely pushchair.
It only came out in Oct last year.

nobodysfool Wed 13-Aug-08 19:43:22

It does look nice doesn't it.
What ages are you buying it for?

Nbg Wed 13-Aug-08 20:39:22

Well ds1 is 2 in a couple weeks and ds2 is 8 months.

nobodysfool Wed 13-Aug-08 20:47:50

Seems such a good buggy-I read your message about amazon when i was trying to find out about it.I saw that as well,such a shame they wont ship to the uk!
The cheapest i have seen is Toys r us.
Where have you looked?

Nbg Wed 13-Aug-08 20:51:18

I've only checked out Toys R Us but I am sure Kiddicare and Mothercare sell it too.
Must go and check prices.

I remember stressing out over buying a double. It was a minefield and now the Jane we settled with is completely shit.
I've got a thread on it, under ebay if you want to look.

I still wish we could have bought the Kolcraft pushchair.

4andnotout Wed 13-Aug-08 20:53:38

I tried my 10 month old dd3 in it a few months ago when we found out i was expecting again and she looked far too big and uncomftable for the front seat then. The seat just wasn't deep enough for her bum and her legs just hung. She is only now in 6-9 clothes so is quite petite too.

Nbg Wed 13-Aug-08 21:00:11

£249 with Kiddicare
£269 with Mothercare I do ahve a 10% code for them though.

I've just checked a price comparison thing a ma jig and Kiddicare come up cheapest.

Nbg Wed 13-Aug-08 21:00:50

But clearly they are not as TRU have £20 off grin

nicolamumof3 Wed 13-Aug-08 21:05:46

my neighbour has one she seriously struggles to lift it up kerbs and maneouvre it looks huge as well!!

nobodysfool Wed 13-Aug-08 21:14:27

Not looking good is it NBG?
We were looking at the jane power twin i take it you think its a bit pants.

4andout-maybe i will need to buy a shoe horn for my ds!Which one did you get in the end i'm desparate for ideas.

Nbg Wed 13-Aug-08 21:19:41

Nope not great grin

Its the Jane twin two we have.
The reclining mechanism has gone on it 3 times and now the front seat has broke.
Ds1 went flying back onto ds2's legs a couple of weeks ago.
I couldnt understand why he was screaming.
Now I know angry

Get a Kolcraft get a Kolcraft!!!

Nbg Wed 13-Aug-08 21:22:37

NF, I will be buying a double very soon I expect so I'll report back with my findings as I plan to try out a few before we buy.

nobodysfool Wed 13-Aug-08 21:42:56

Do you mean this one NBG?

www.kolcraft.com/product.aspx?id=80&&shopby=category

I really like the look of this one...

www.kolcraft.com/product.aspx?id=149&&shopby=category

firsttimemama Wed 13-Aug-08 21:54:35

Argos sell it too - and have the carseat on offer with the pram.

nobodysfool Wed 13-Aug-08 21:58:08

Off to google it.Thank you.

Nbg Wed 13-Aug-08 22:35:25

Oh yes, I meant the Contours one (second link)

I love it sooo much and it would have been lovely to have turned the seat around so I could have seen the baby.

If you like that feature, First wheels do a side by side pushchair that does that.
Its got bugaboo style wheels.

God I sound like a right pushchair-a-holic dont I?!

I'm not btw grin

4andnotout Thu 14-Aug-08 07:36:43

I have gone for the mamas and papas duette, i know, i know, it's heavy and bulky but dd4 can sleep flat in a carrycot and dd3 will only be 13 months and weighs about 18lbs so she wont make it too heavy and they can both rear face. Im picking up the chassis from a mnetter today and have bought a seat unit and carrycot from ebay and probably another set from here. I loved the phil and teds in pink camo might get that when the baby is a bit bigger, i dont want her hidden away under the seat i want to be able to show her off!
I loved the kolcraft too but i was put off by the huge shipping costs and wasn't sure how much customs would add on.

nobodysfool Thu 14-Aug-08 17:28:58

NBG-Any ideas where i can get one in the uk or do Kolcraft post to the uk.Couldn't see their postage to uk.Found one on ebay but they wanted an arm and leg to post over to here sad
I couldn't see the max weight for the buggy-weighed ds this morning and he is 17.8kg and nearly 3 ft 1".Clearly not a short arse like me.
So i think he is too heavy for the Graco(15KG) or could i get away with it for a while?

nobodysfool Thu 14-Aug-08 21:20:15

Ok my bathroom scales are broken.He is only 15kg!

bethoo Thu 14-Aug-08 21:25:02

i like that kolkroft one. do you not get it in uk?
looks like the p&t dash for me then

Nbg Thu 14-Aug-08 21:35:24

I dont think atm you can buy the Kolcraft one in the UK.
When I wanted it last year, I started a thread on here and asked if someone in the US would be willing to have it shipped to them and forward it over to the UK.
I was lucky in that one lady offered who was flying over and said she would stick it in as her hand luggage, but sadly when we checked the dimensions of the pushchair, it was too high for our boot (very very shallow boot).
Its a steal though for the price.

I've just remembered another pushchair I had my eye on last year NF.
Very similar concept to the Kolcraft and you couldnt get it when I wanted it.
The Duette
Just a little bit pricey, but if you can afford it, I think it would be a great pushchair.

Nbg Thu 14-Aug-08 21:37:50

Oh my god.....

SWOOOOOOOOOOON

Did I mention I am not a pramaholic grin

bethoo Thu 14-Aug-08 21:39:00

omg that is gorgeous, though looks heavy

Nbg Thu 14-Aug-08 21:43:55

I wonder???

I dont know why I am even bothering to look at it grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now