Talk

Advanced search

Clarks shoes?

(9 Posts)
LaTrucha Wed 13-Aug-08 17:27:00

ARe they any good these days? They're the only shoe shop in town apart from the cheapies but I had a pair from them a couple of weeks ago and was not impressed.

Are they any good these days compared to the cheapies (e.g. New Look?)

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Wed 13-Aug-08 17:35:56

my dd1 always has clarks for her 'main' shoes and what ever glittery crap shoes she likes for weekends.

clarks ime have always been really vigilant in insuring a correct fit. which is why dd hates them she has very narrow feet so usually only has one or two style to choose from and they are never the ones she likes aka those stupid ones with the dolls in the bottom

LaTrucha Wed 13-Aug-08 17:38:26

Ah. I thought after I posted someone might think they were for Dd. IT's good to know for the furture (dd7 months)!

But they're for me. My feet hurt. Carrying dd in sling!

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Wed 13-Aug-08 17:42:36

ah right. nope never tried them for me, but i imagine that they are comfy are you adverse to trainer style shoes? i have these from next and they are really comfy but a bit trainer on the soles though they look like shoes at the top.

Dragonbutter Wed 13-Aug-08 17:45:39

i got a pair of clarks shoes for me about a month ago. they felt super comfy and i thought they were quite cute looking. they were purple leather with a sort of t-bar strap.
they really rubbed at the back and i got a blister.
I'm not sure how to break them in now.
don't think the shoes are really the problem, just my feet and no socks.

ELR Wed 13-Aug-08 17:46:16

get hush puppies you can get really fashionable styles now, i got a pair from tkmaxx did nt realise they were hushpuppies.
Never really got on with clarks although great for the kids

nicolamumof3 Wed 13-Aug-08 17:56:31

I love clarks i always buy in the sale though!! Also hush puppies. also footglove from m&s. I think im sounding about 60yrs old here!! I love my nice uncomfortable shoes for nights out but for running round after kids and all the walking i do has to be comfort every time!

LaTrucha Wed 13-Aug-08 18:20:19

It has to be comfort with me too! Too long in cheap shoes and my feet are killing. I'll see if I can find hush puppies too. We've got a Brantano (does anyone understand that shop?) so maybe they will have some.

Thanks for replies!

LaTrucha Thu 14-Aug-08 15:34:43

Ok. I now have a pair of very comfortable, but not beautiful shoes. I can't wait to wear them!

And next month I might buy a pair of hush puppies too. I found some nice ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now