Talk

Advanced search

How old/ heavy/ long in an Amby? Or how to get DD2 out?

(8 Posts)
AccidentalMum Tue 12-Aug-08 19:10:42

After a horrible week, 9.5mth, 24lb DD2 is back in the Amby Hammock. How long can this go on? Do I need a succession of bigger hammocks forever? Any experiences? Was thinking perhaps I could wean her off it by removing the spring entirely...

mrsleroyjethrogibbs Tue 12-Aug-08 21:18:52

is there a massive rush to 'wean her off it?'

I thought the spring was good for up to 40lbs

MatNanPlus Tue 12-Aug-08 21:29:07

The standard spring is rated to 29lb but a heavy duty spring rated to 40lb is available with age guide listing upto 12m.

AccidentalMum i am guessing she has no interest in climbing out of it?

There is always this?

AccidentalMum Tue 12-Aug-08 21:46:58

God no, she loves it, no wanting to climb out.

3 months does seem like a rush!

Liz x

MatNanPlus Tue 12-Aug-08 22:07:19

One suggestion on a site was to have it insode the cot on the off chance child made it's way out of the amby?

In that case i would check the weight rating of your spring, change it if needed and go with it, she could well go from Amby to hammock and avoid cot and bed all together.
this looks nice

AccidentalMum Tue 12-Aug-08 22:13:14

Wow! She could be in a hammock for ever!She sleeps through in the Amby but is up every two hours on a flat surface, grrr.

mrsleroyjethrogibbs Wed 13-Aug-08 07:11:53

didnt realise that about the spring.
I would get her the uprated spring if I were you and carry on as you are. there is no sense in having broken sleep if there is no need

MatNanPlus Wed 13-Aug-08 15:22:15

AccidentalMum go with it if she and you all sleep better then there is nothing to add

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now