Talk

Advanced search

Where can I buy nightgowns for a baby?

(23 Posts)
hanaflower Tue 12-Aug-08 11:03:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

savoycabbage Tue 12-Aug-08 11:06:59

I got some at Daisy and Tom and some at John Lewis, doth with a drawstring at the bottom to keep them from riding up. They are much easier than babygros. I love them.

I think you can get them at mothercare as well with elastic at the bottom.

And I have seen them in GAP too but they don't always have them.

ShinyPinkShoes Tue 12-Aug-08 11:19:52

£6.50 here

BNWT from £3.90 each here & P&P

]]http://www.johnlewis.com/230470405/Product.aspx £6 each fron John Lewis]]

ShinyPinkShoes Tue 12-Aug-08 11:20:26

OOps

John Lewis for £6 each

Dragonbutter Tue 12-Aug-08 11:24:56

i was going to say daisy and tom but it looks like they've closed down.

hanaflower Tue 12-Aug-08 11:37:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

milkybarsrus Tue 12-Aug-08 14:09:10

got mine from asda last year. so much easier than sleep suits, espcially at night when you dont want to be fumbling around with all those poppers!grin

SilverSixpence Tue 12-Aug-08 19:35:28

they are also 2 for £10 in mothercare - the cheaper john lewis ones seem very thin and flimsy, their organic ones are much nicer but are a lot more expensive.

HensMum Tue 12-Aug-08 19:45:34

Pumpkin Patch do them for £6.50 too.

tassisssss Tue 12-Aug-08 19:49:22

tescos have had them in the past month

I have some vintage ones that my great gran embroidered the front of when my siblings and I were wee. Ridiculous items as I like to hand wash them.

IMO, the downside is that if you end up like me having a baby who likes long lies (3rd time lucky and long may it continue!) it's obvious that they're not dressed for the day if you want to pick them up from their slumber and nip out at 10am-ish. Whereas if you have pretty babygros you can pass their PJs off as day clothes. Dd wore her PJs until about 4pm today!

PInkyminkyohnooo Tue 12-Aug-08 19:57:17

Hi Hana
I was going to suggest some places, but they have already been said. They aren't always called bundlers- I think it's an American term, but I know John Lewiss call them that- that was the first place I bought one from.

I think they look very cute in them, and with a cardi they look great- I don't think twice about them wearing them in the daytime- they are only little babies, after all!smile

misdee Tue 12-Aug-08 19:59:53

yes i got a couple from john lewis.

mothercare used to do them, i have heaps from when dd3 was little, fortunatly my nov s also a ghirl so can re-use those ones.

harpomarx Tue 12-Aug-08 20:04:12

I had a nice one from Green Baby, similar to this one. I got it in a sale though, so I didn't pay full price, nor would I.

Rosa Wed 13-Aug-08 15:49:05

Are the mothercare ones pretty thin cotton ?
Saw the ones in tesco today and they were thin long sleeved t shirt really - Fancy something a bit thicker ( but still cotton) for winter our house is a bit cool at times.
Frugi do an organic one but its £11.

PInkyminkyohnooo Wed 13-Aug-08 17:26:06

The mothercare ones I have bought are very sweet- little owls on them.
he one I had from JLewis was a bruched cotton.
The thing is, they are more expensive than sleepsuits but they last for months and months- about six months, so they are good value in that sense.

PInkyminkyohnooo Wed 13-Aug-08 17:26:42

Sorry yes they are long sleeved brushed cotton.

SilverSixpence Wed 13-Aug-08 17:49:19

the mothercare ones are reasonably thick i think - like sleepsuit thickness. don't do what i did tho and get 0-3 months - he's about to grow out of them at 1 month old!

PInkyminkyohnooo Wed 13-Aug-08 18:07:10

oh no you want the 0-6 ones!

TheProvincialLady Wed 13-Aug-08 18:10:33

I just got some gorgeous ones today in T K Maxx for £3 each.

Rosa Thu 14-Aug-08 17:10:10

went to Mothercare today - they don't stock them in my branch - annoyed never made it up to TK Maxx - will try next week sometime. J lewis will have to be online for me so good excuse to look for a few more things to bulk the order up !!grin

PInkyminkyohnooo Thu 14-Aug-08 17:55:51

that's a shmae, rosa. do m/care have them in the catalogue?

cheesesarnie Fri 15-Aug-08 15:50:34

cut 4 cloth do them i think

Rosa Sat 16-Aug-08 15:30:39

Yes they do Pinky but dont fancy the £4 postage as to be honest am going off mothercare a bit - quality of maternity stuff not good. Bra sizes up the spout tried on 4 bras all same size diffenet models and the difference was amazing. The clothes flimsy - after 3 runs to the changing room as shopping alone - all staff were busy ( or had vanished ) I gave up !!!
The cut4 cloth one is lovely but its £11 !! Have afew months left so will pop into TK when I get a mo and then keep eyes peeled!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now