Talk

Advanced search

Where can I buy a childs personal cd player?

(10 Posts)
Eddas Tue 12-Aug-08 10:53:37

I have tried elc/woolies/argos etc but can't find what i'm looking for.

I just want a cd player with the headphones that go over the head, ie no in-ear ones, and without a microphone as that's a bit otthmm

Does anyone know where I could try?

It's for my dd so I know she'd love a pink one but it's not essential grin

TIA

SqueakyPop Tue 12-Aug-08 10:54:34

I think everyone uses MP3 players nowadays.

Eddas Tue 12-Aug-08 10:57:09

I was just thinking maybe an mp3 would be better.

thing is it's mainly for using story cd's and i'm not too techinical so wouldn't know what to do with them if it's not a cd playerblush

dd is only 4 so doesn't need one for music

Flier Tue 12-Aug-08 10:59:15

you'll get an mp3 player in ELC, saw them last week.

Eddas Tue 12-Aug-08 11:01:22

they all come with in-ear phones though, which i didn't think a particularly good idea for a 4 year old. maybe it's just mehmm

i could just by another pair of headphoneshmm

Flier Tue 12-Aug-08 11:09:45

elc ones definatley have head phones that go over the head, just checked in their lastest catalogue.

CD Player Item No 116393 (pink) or 118674(red)

MP3 Player Item No 118677/118676 - altho looks like may be "in ear" ones.

I have seen children ear phones on sale on ebay and also in PCworld (as well s childrens MP3 players)

Eddas Tue 12-Aug-08 11:14:34

thanks flier, have been to look on website and found them.

think i'll see what other mp3's are around and maybe get one of those and some other headphones

Flier Tue 12-Aug-08 11:52:30

ds' 1st one was from elc paid £30 in sale for it and headphones fitted very well, but it stopped working so took it back and got a refund. They let me keep the headphones so I just bought a wee mp3 player for a tenner from argos. As long as its easy to use for them, this is fine.

SunshineSmith Tue 12-Aug-08 11:59:07

i saw one yesterday in Woolworths- a pink portable cd player- £20 british pounds- not sure about the headphones!

Eddas Tue 12-Aug-08 12:05:26

thanks sunshine, my friend said she'd seen one in woolies

flier, was that a cd player? i'm now thinking with the way dd will throw it about that it won't work for long!!

I have decided to get her an i-pod shuffle. And then see how she is with the in-ear phones and maybe get some others.

DH has a shuffle so she'll love having the same one, only her's will be purple! Argos have the speakers half price when you buy one so have reserved one in there. I'm sur the speakers won't be great but good enough for dd. she can then keep them in her room after the holiday. That's what i'm getting the i-pod for since she needs to be occupied during the car journey!

Now all i need is some story cd'sgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now