Talk

Advanced search

Honda FRV- Car Seat help?

(9 Posts)
redtent Mon 11-Aug-08 22:29:26

Hi there, we have 2 tall back booster isofix seats that will fit in our newly ordered car (not new but new to us!) and I need to order a car seat asap before it arrives (long story stolen car and crash/replacing car seats).

I can't really wait to try out the webbing length but would like a stage 2 (5 point harness) seat that will fit the front middle pushed back or the middle back seat- I was thinking Britax SI or MaxiCosi Tobi....

anyone have an FRV that can advise what car seats work okay within it?

(have checked all the fit finders and not got far!!)

many thanks in advance

silverfrog Mon 11-Aug-08 22:33:19

don't know about the seats you mention, but we have an FRV, and i have used a Britax DuoPlus (we used it with Isofix, but it fitted with seatbelts too, iirc)

didn't use it in the front middle seat (just didn't suit for us), but I believe the seats are all the same size, and the rear middle seat certainly has a good length on webbing, so no reason why the front middle wouldn't?

sorry, not a lot of help really smile

redtent Mon 11-Aug-08 22:39:35

thanks Silverfrog... that gives me another option.

It's the webbing issue I am concerned about- urgh why haven;t car manufacturers caught onto the fact that long webbing on the buckle is a hazard for car seats!!!

Do you think the webbing is the same on all the seats? i.e. the middle is not longer than the others? If so that makes a nonsense of the britax fit finder (!!) and means I can go with either the si or the duoplus.

thanks again

silverfrog Mon 11-Aug-08 22:50:31

I think (and I can check tomorrow - am too lazy to go and check tonight) that the webbing bit you are talking about (the length of the bit the seatbelt clips into?) is actually shorter on the middle seat, as it is a bit more inset iyswim?

but, as I said before, I have used isofix seats exclusively in our FRV, so I can't be sure. Will check, though, if you want me to tomorrow smile

redtent Mon 11-Aug-08 22:54:50

that sounds great!!! And means that I could go with several options.

If you could check that would also be wonderful.. grin

having read lots of reviews and some of your posts whilst trying to choose a multipla or an frv i am soooo excited to have made our choice btw

33k Mon 11-Aug-08 23:06:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

silverfrog Mon 11-Aug-08 23:13:38

glad to have helped smile

we really love our FRV (well, dh would prefer something a bit sportier tbh, but you know what I mean wink)

it is a great car, and works very well for us. we will be packing it up again this weekend ofr another long drive/weekend away, and it always amazes me how much we can get in by way of travel cots/booster seats/prams and children!

will check tomorrow, and get back to you

silverfrog Tue 12-Aug-08 21:16:15

Right, have checked the seat belts.

Am I right in assuming you mean the bit that the buckle clicks into? with the release button, etc?

If so, then they are all pretty much of a muchness on my car. The front middle seat's is possibly a little bit longer than the driver's side one, but seemed the same as the passenger side one so may be perspective.

The rear seats all look the same to me (or near as makes no difference for sight comparison, but millimetres count sometimes in these measurements)

I have no idea ho long the actuall belts are as couldn't be faffed to check that, but from times when we have strapped in the odd large suitcase etc, they do seem to be quite a good length.

hope that helps a bit smile

redtent Tue 12-Aug-08 22:52:52

thanks that's great. :D

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now