Talk

Advanced search

Car seat harness buckles - please help

(5 Posts)
missorinoco Mon 11-Aug-08 21:49:32

DS is 15 months and is continuously escaping from the shoulder straps of his car seat. I've tried the links here from previous threads, and the accessories used seem to have sold out.

If anyone has bought a restraining device recently (since June), where did you find it?

Thanks in anticipation.

sazm Tue 12-Aug-08 10:00:57

you can get them on ebay.but it is illegal to use one and you will be charged if you are caught using it. the devices state on them they are not suitable for carseats as they havent been crash tested.

missorinoco Tue 12-Aug-08 20:52:32

i saw some which were specifically for buggies and hence unsafe as you point out.
are they all illegal?

if so how are people keeping their escappes in the seats? any tips?

MatNanPlus Tue 12-Aug-08 21:03:32

eBay

The law in the UK states that in an accident a child should be realeasable from a car seat with the release of just 1 buckle whereas in the USA where these products originate, 2 clips to be undone is legal.

I would in all honesty rather face a fine but know my child was secured than chance an accident when the child is almost unrestrained.

sazm Tue 12-Aug-08 22:17:55

its not really the worry of a fine you should be thinking of tbh,
imagine you have crashed your car and cant reach your child to get them out,how would you feel if a device like that stops either a passer by or the emergency services getting your child out in time???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now