Talk

Advanced search

kids rucksacks - recommendations?

(4 Posts)
iamdingdong Mon 11-Aug-08 21:18:53

DTs will be 5 in dec, we often go out walking, exploring etc and I'd like to get them a little sack each, have seen various online, littlelife, eurohike and vaude are favourites but haven't seen them in the flesh - any thoughts or alternatives gratefullt received!

iamdingdong Mon 11-Aug-08 21:56:14

pretty please!

Fizzylemonade Tue 12-Aug-08 15:55:55

Seeing as you asked so nicely smile

I had to get ds1 (aged 5) a rucksack for a school trip, I got a natural history one from M&S this one

The back is double layered so it feels slightly padded and is small enough so it doesn't look ridiculous on his back.

When I looked in Millets and the like, because they are proper rucksacks they have a very padded back to them because they are designed for proper walking children.

The littlelife one I think has a parent strap (to make it like reigns) but that comes off, but this means that it has a chest strap to hold it on the child which is quite nifty. But it may be a bit smaller than you think as I have seen it on my mate's toddler who was 2.

I would opt for the Eurohike one, it can hold an A4 folder so that gives you a good idea of size.

Hope this helped

iamdingdong Tue 12-Aug-08 17:10:54

thank you very much fizzylemonade! I think the eurohike one is the best deal too, littlelife is cute and I like the idea of the strap, but it wouldn't be much use long term.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now