Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Calling all LISTMAKERS and stationery fetishists!!

(18 Posts)
RudyDudy Mon 14-Feb-05 08:46:57

I am an avid listmaker and have lists for lots of different areas of my life, projects etc. The only thing is that I keep them all in different places and would love to have a system whereby I keep them all together.

Can anyone recommend a good notebook or something that is portable and would let me do this.

I feel like a complete nerd asking this but am confident that there are some fellow listmaking obsessives out there

Hausfrau Mon 14-Feb-05 09:29:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Davros Mon 14-Feb-05 14:01:16

I would suggest to computerise it. Look at Yahoo for internet calendar and task management. Sends email reminders etc and you can print out whatever you need.

006 Mon 14-Feb-05 14:04:42

V old fashioned, but a baby sized Filofax does it for me as will fit in handbag. Mine even has combined purse so I am never without it.

Formerly devotee of A4 sized when working! Cannot cope with anything that needs batteries, and I love to cross things off when complete.

I am so sad, I make myself cry!

lunavix Mon 14-Feb-05 14:11:55

Oooh I am a list maker and a stationery fetishist! Even my lists have lists...

connyflower Mon 14-Feb-05 14:25:01

yeah thats funny i write lists about lists too, i even write them up in neat, sad eh?

desperatehousewife Mon 14-Feb-05 14:29:22

Hello ladies - this is the sort of thread i've been looking for. Now we're talking. I love lists so much that I even have a list of all my lists. Iv'e been feeling low lately and I've realised it's because I've let my list making slip.

Ording&Reader (sp?) in London do very good stuff - you'll probably find something in there for categorising your lists. Or Paperchase? I tend to have a small notebook in handbag and a big A4 book at home which covers me.

Although like you, i'd like all my lists in one place....I shall watch this thread with interest!

otto Mon 14-Feb-05 15:09:57

What are these lists for? Are they one-off lists or lists you keep? I'd love to make lists but never do. I get in such a tizz whenever we go away anywhere, even for the weekend because I know I'm going to forget things. I worry for days because I know I won't be able to remember what to take. I thought it would be a good idea to make a massive list of everything I could ever need to take anywhere and then I could use it over and over again. Is this what you do?

desperatehousewife Mon 14-Feb-05 15:22:09

Supermarket shopping lists
Things to do long term to the house lists
housework needed doing
people to ring lists
admin to do lists
things to take away for w/end lists
receipes to try lists
food DS eats lists (very short list this one!)
the list possibilities are endless!!!

RudyDudy Mon 14-Feb-05 18:39:32

Having an 'essential things to take away' list is very useful otto - especially if you edit it after trips based on what was missing / wasn't used. And of course it needs to be updated as age of children changes.

Most of my lists are ongoing to do lists but for various different things so I like to keep them separate or it would just be too massive. For example, at the moment we are in the middle of selling our house, moving to a house which would need complete renovation so we would be in rented accomm for about 6 months, buying a shed on a mountainside in Spain that also needs complete renovation and doing a degree.

Then there are the normal, collect dry cleaning, shopping, call plumber, return library books, post birthday card type lists.

God, having just written that I have realised that I would probably malfunction without lists!!!

I did try and go on holiday this year for the first time without making a list but forgot some important stuff and the stress of not having a list just wasn't worth it. But I just know that's the sort of person I am

purpleturtle Mon 14-Feb-05 18:43:59

I've just inherited dh's handspring handheld computer thingy. He upgraded to something very flash, and I have given up my beloved filofax for a gadget which lets me write lists to my heart's content. I can categorize them, so that I can view one category or all categories at a time. I can tick off what I've done, with the option of leaving it there crossed off (although I let them disappear). It's made my handbag a LOT lighter . A friend picked up something similar for about £30 (but I've no idea where or what)

Davros Mon 14-Feb-05 18:49:54

And if you use something like a Yahoo calendar (or maybe even MS Outlook?) you can synch to your gadget...

otto Tue 15-Feb-05 14:35:13

I'm actually a pretty organised person and up until the birth of ds, almost a year ago, I had a fantastic memory so rarely needed to write lists, but now I find I can't remember anything at all. I do write shopping lists, and always have post-it notes everywhere. I'm definitely going to write a couple of holiday-type lists that can be used again and again as it would definitely make going away less stressful. A friend had an ex-boyfriend who used to laminate his holiday lists so he could use them again and again. He had one for skiing, one for camping, one for weekends and one for holidays in hot places.

TinyGang Tue 15-Feb-05 15:03:37

Oh God, I didn't realise there were so many others as mad as me. Having children has made me worse (memory shot away), but I have always been a bit 'listy' anyway; Christmas sends me into overdrive how saaad!

I lost my list the other day (eventually found it a few days later, phew!) and felt quite unsettled that I had to rely on memory alone to remind me what to do. Laminating lists may be taking things a tad too far though...lol!

Chandra Tue 15-Feb-05 15:05:58

Oh dear! I thought I was the only one! good to know I'm normal (at least in this aspect)

HAs anybody tried Flylady? (www.flylady.com), it's a course in list making

morningmayhem Tue 15-Feb-05 16:23:16

Should I be worried? LOL |I actually got excited when I found this site have a look here

makealist Tue 15-Feb-05 16:51:14

I tend just to write my lists in notebooks and keep them in my handbag. Have tried typing my lists then printing them off but i don't get the same satisfaction I get with a hand written list (sad, I know) and of course the best bit of all.... crossing off the things I've completed...ohh the feeling when I cross off the last item on a list

lilybubble Tue 15-Feb-05 17:07:15

lol, I'm another list-addict!! It's becoming more of a necessity though, as mind is STILL just mush after giving birth 18 months ago! I agree that crossing something off by hand is really satisfying. I have a list on the PC too, and have to use the strikethrough feature once it's done, and leave it there so I can feel good about seeing how many things I've done!! (generally not too many)

Seeing all your list categories I am thinking of setting up a whole folder on the computer and listing away to my heart's content.... ironing?? what ironing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now