Talk

Advanced search

Baby monitor, help! which one do you think is best?

(22 Posts)
loisstella Sun 10-Aug-08 23:05:24

is it really worth spending £70 on the BT one?

laluvsmatthew Mon 11-Aug-08 20:34:57

i have the angelcare moniter with sensor pad it was around £70 but i think it was well worth it. it sets off an alarm if no movement is detected for 20secs.

greenandpleasant Mon 11-Aug-08 20:39:41

i had the tommee tippee one with movement sensor and the BT one. never got round to putting the sensor in place and the monitor itself wasn't great, and broke after a chewing from ds.

the BT one is great, always links clearly, you can set off music remotely if that helps and the temperature sensor is good. but it doesn't have a sensor mat.

Rosa Mon 11-Aug-08 20:41:44

Angel Care for us was great used the sensor pad until needed and then just the monitor - it works through thick granite walls which helps!

We had a Tomy plug-in one which I broke in a temper blush and replaced it with the newer model for under £20.

For a small house it's totally fine. You won't use it as much as you think you will anyway

greenandpleasant Mon 11-Aug-08 20:43:29

doh I meant Tomy not tommee tippee! ... losing it. blush

SquiffyHock Mon 11-Aug-08 20:43:56

I have the BT one which is brilliant - I have the older model, a friend of mine got one from Ebay and it's perfect and much cheaper.

CantSleepWontSleep Mon 11-Aug-08 20:45:47

BT digital plus. Has been brilliant, and friends with both cheaper and more expensive ones have all preferred ours. No interference and great clarity.

2Happy Mon 11-Aug-08 20:48:53

We thought digital too expensive. Bought tomy: shite. Bought another one (forget the make): shite. If we'd've bought the BT digital one first off we would have saved ourselves money. It's is incomparably better. (It's just the bog standard BT one, though)

Naetha Mon 11-Aug-08 22:22:39

Tomy - shite, BT one awesome.

Would have liked to have got the Angelcare one, but DH wouldn't let me.

BT one we have is the old version of this:

www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500001151&productI d=1500233435&langId=-1&engine=froogle&keyword=BT+Digital+Baby+Monitor+150

amidaiwish Tue 12-Aug-08 08:40:29

i had the Tomy one, not the digital, quite bad interference but good enough. as someone else said you don't use it that much anyway! if they are crying, you will hear them.

my friends all rave by the BT Digital ones. The one for £50 is just as good as the £70 one, just without the lullaby and room temp i think.

MrsJamin Tue 12-Aug-08 08:42:23

BT Digital one, to be honest it's really worth getting the 150 as the lullaby and room temp are the best features.

kittywise Tue 12-Aug-08 08:45:04

bt, it's great.

Piccalilli2 Tue 12-Aug-08 08:45:24

Had the BT digital one for nearly 3 years and still works brilliantly. Friends have had different ones and I've been less than impressed.

StellaWasADiver Tue 12-Aug-08 08:51:28

Angel Care is fab. Gives me a bit of peace of mind. Can't relax without it.

SquiffyHock Tue 12-Aug-08 09:32:30

this is the BT one we have - like someone else, we've had it for nearly 4 years now and it's brilliant. There are quite a few on e-bay, they seem so reliable that it doesn't seem like too much of a risk to buy second hand if you are worried about the cost.

SquiffyHock Tue 12-Aug-08 09:35:03

Also, my SIL had the Angelcare but her DS kept setting it off as he slept with so little movement (still does) - I know lots of people here swear by them but she said it made her a nervous wreck!

Shelly679 Tue 12-Aug-08 11:36:53

Have the angelcare also, gave us great peace of mind I know I wouldn't have slept without it.

tiredandnowty Tue 12-Aug-08 14:18:52

We have the Tommee Tippee sensor monitor. Comes with sensor pad which goes under mattress and alarms if no movement sensed for 20 secs. Really sensitive and puts your mind at rest. Can't advertise itself as a breathing monitor, but does alarm if no breathing detected, and picks up the lightest breaths.
Argos sell it for £54.99 Mothercare have a similar one which has a thermometer on too for £110 !!!!
We like this one so much that we've kept the one for DD1 and have got a second one for DC2.

EvelynsDad Wed 13-Aug-08 09:18:43

Our Tomy walkabout classic has been OK.

We started with a Philips IIRC, which was advertised as "interference free" but was returned because it suffered really badly from interference in our house.

The Tomy has occasional interference problems, but I haven't noticed any interference for a while. Digital should be better but was ridiculously pricey when we were looking.

loisstella Wed 13-Aug-08 12:53:49

thank you all so much.
I had considered the angecare as well, but my friends baby ket setting it off as well....gave her so many panick attacks!
Most of you seem so positive about the BT one I will get it!
Thanks all.

mrsleroyjethrogibbs Wed 13-Aug-08 21:40:42

another big plus for the bt one. we did have an angelcare but just love the bt one far more

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now