Talk

Advanced search

Junior Ready Steady Cook Slush Maker - anyone got one?

(13 Posts)
KBear Sun 13-Feb-05 20:53:56

Is it me but I think this is a pile of crap (speaking plainly!). DD was given one for her birthday, tried to make a Slush puppie today, absolutely impossible to crush the ice. Three adults tried and failed. The picture on the box shows a five year old doing it. It was bought in Argos I believe so I might take it back and ask for a credit note.

Anyone else got one?

WestCountryLass Sun 13-Feb-05 20:57:01

Apparantly all those toys are a load of plop.

SueW Sun 13-Feb-05 20:58:15

All the Ready Seady Cook products are CRAP! DD got a milkshake maker and a chocolate factory for her birthday a couple of years ago from friends/rellies and if I'd been quick enough I'd have got them out of the house for refunds/exchanges before she'd opened them.

There should be a permanent thread on here for 'Cr@p products'.

trefusis Sun 13-Feb-05 21:01:15

Message withdrawn

KBear Sun 13-Feb-05 21:07:47

Thanks for those replies. I am now on a mission to get my DD a replacement present. If Argos won't take it back I'm going to write to the company that makes it and ask for some money so she can buy a present that works.

Anyone know how much it costs, can't find it in the current book?

She got the chocolate maker last Christmas but I hid it - bad mama. Similar experience with Barbie sweet maker. DD even said to me "Mum, this is ridiculous". I did laugh.

They shouldn't be allowed to disappoint our kids like this on the back of a reputable (?) and popular name like Ready Steady Cook. What would Ainsley say?

WestCountryLass Sun 13-Feb-05 21:51:29

Ainsley says 'bring it on' and rubs his hands together in glee at the thought of his royalty cheques

KBear Sun 13-Feb-05 21:59:36

Well I'm going to write him one of "my letters" as DH puts it. He doesn't know who he's messing with.

WestCountryLass Sun 13-Feb-05 22:14:51

You go girl! DH takes the mick out of me for the same thing. I once wrote to Matlows, the makers of the drumstick lolly, telling them their new improved drumstick was an inferior imposter to the original. Imagine my surprise when I heard a huge thud one morning and they had sent me jiffy bags packed full of sweets in the post

KBear Sun 13-Feb-05 22:45:26

DH wants me to write to Nestle cos he bought a bag of fun size goodies for the kids the other day and there weren't any Aeros in it and lots of jelly tots instead. He was so annoyed I couldn't stop laughing. He's turned into my nan. !!!

I am happily eating all the jelly tots though - see other thread on "stuffing"!!

I have found in the past though if you write a civil letter you will get compensated. Ready Steady Cook will probably send me one of each of their crap products!!!!

miggy Sun 13-Feb-05 23:01:42

yup-we have "popcorn maker"-10w lightbulb makes 3 kernels an hour and the ice cream maker-tiny amount of processed e numbers sludge.
They have been on watchdog for being cr*p too.
BUT they still make and sell the flipping things.

sparklymieow Sun 13-Feb-05 23:04:21

I have a proper popcorn maker, which is great, but the kids aren't allow near it as it gets quite hot. And I found the MR Frosty great too.

trefusis Sun 13-Feb-05 23:04:27

Message withdrawn

chris95 Fri 03-Jun-11 12:38:44

hi i want to get one of these slush makers but don't no where to get it cause they are 3-4 years old and don't sell them in most shops anymore can sum 1 help me with it thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now