Talk

Advanced search

Tripp trapp high chair

(8 Posts)
zespri Sun 10-Aug-08 16:23:21

We have a tripp trapp high chair and I thought it was brilliant until my 10 month managed to tip herself backwards(to the floor) whilst sitting at the table! Has anyone else had this problem? Warning to those of you that have the chair or are thinking of buying it.

MatNanPlus Sun 10-Aug-08 16:25:23

Did she have the tray on or the baby bar under the table edge?

Have had a baby tip over a bog standard highchair by using his feet to tilt it back and then crash so i tend to either have it under the table edge or near a wall/solid object.

jafina Sun 10-Aug-08 16:29:00

my boys have used a tripp trap for 4 years and never done this. Is your chair on carpet? If my boys push back the chair just slides on our wooden floor, and is very stable even when they stand on it!!

hifi Sun 10-Aug-08 16:42:31

i thought it was impossible to do this!dd has had one for 3 years .

tissy Sun 10-Aug-08 16:50:26

dd used to try to do this

screw a small brass eyelet under the table top where the highchair normally is, and tie the leather bit of the baby bar to the eyelet with some string, or elastic.

On a previous thread along these lines, someone's dh had tied the chair to the table with bungee cord.

The novelty soon wears off, and you can remove the ties when it has.

MatNanPlus Sun 10-Aug-08 17:07:48

You can also do a bungeefrom 1 table leg thru the tripp trapp legs to the other table leg.

Hope you DD was unhurt Zespri

zespri Sun 10-Aug-08 17:27:09

DD was unhurt thankfully, will try the bungee idea,we don't have a tray but chair is on rug so will roll up, fingers crossed thanks

MatNanPlus Sun 10-Aug-08 19:12:28

She may have frightened herself enough not to do it again wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now