Talk

Advanced search

feeding bras, have i done the sensible thing?

(6 Posts)
misdee Sun 13-Feb-05 19:56:43

seeing as i am a week away from being induced, i order a 2pack of nursing bras today. i rodered the same back size, but one cup size up. was that the right thing to do? will get measured properly afterwards, but seeing as the nearest shop is miles away i really needed to get some ordered, and 2 isnt really enough i know.

stitch Sun 13-Feb-05 19:59:49

two is enough to start with. from breastfeeding three kids, i would have gone up two cup sizes. as initially you will need to use breast pads as well.
however, its probly best not to get anymore until you are well enough to go get measured, as they are expensive, and once used, yo ucant return them.and if they are too small, then you can always send someone to the shop to get you a differnt size

morningpaper Sun 13-Feb-05 20:01:59

Message withdrawn

misdee Sun 13-Feb-05 20:25:41

thats what i thought. i dont tend to increase much once the intial engorment has stopped, and figured one cup size should be enoug hto start with, if they do get bigger, then apart from an very happy dh, i'll go and buy some more.

lulupop Mon 14-Feb-05 07:43:18

I'd say you'll probably need more than 1 size up too, though obviously you've done the right thing for now as you need something to start with!

If the shops are hard to get to, you can buy online from Blooming Marvellous/Bravissimo.

NotQuiteCockney Mon 14-Feb-05 07:57:29

How stretchy they are varies with the brand - Bravado ones are very stretchy, but not very supportive - I only use them for nighttime. I just had them for the early days this time around, and got measured properly a few weeks after baby came. (And I didn't go up as much this time as last time, I think.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now